Notices

Hey guys,

I have a new feature request:
It would be awesome if the stocks of the portfolios could be sorted not only by their name but also by their daily gains or losses. So the most attractive stocks could be identified very easily and quickly!

What do you think about this feature?

Hey,

when I try to update to 0.6.3 I get the error "download failed". Any advice?

Hey guys,

I have another feature request: In the current version if stockona, one can check the absolute gain of a portfolio by simply pulling the portfolio view down. Then a blue bar appears at the top, showing the accumulated absolute gain of all stock posititions in respect to the purchase price. I love that feature, however I would also like to now what the relative gain of my portfolio is. This function should be easy to implement. One simply has to calculate the weighted average relative gain of all stock positions. Would be awesome to see this feature in a future release :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post

Backend enhancements were made to reduce resource usage, so I would like to see if I break portfolio creation/editing, etc. Please test portfolio/position/transaction editing on the beta version.
I just installed 0.6.5. It works fine so far.
One thing, which seems a bit strange to me. If you add a new position you will have one transaction shown (0 shares @ 0 price). If you delete this transaction, your position will be deleted also. I'm not sure, if it is supposed to work this way.
And btw. the issue is still present, that you HAVE TO insert dots in fractional numbers, which is not possible using german keyboard layout (there is a comma only).

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
The other change is users can press-and-hold in position view to invoke headers to show symbols' full names. Press-and-hold again to disable headers.
This is a great feature! Thank you so much.

As suggested by meegofan I would also like to see relative gain in the mentioned blue bar.

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post:
It would be awesome if the stocks of the portfolios could be sorted not only by their name but also by their daily gains or losses. So the most attractive stocks could be identified very easily and quickly!
I always want to have sorting, but I haven't figured out the details on how to do it. Technically, I need to first move list population to C++ for more flexible list manipulation and easier porting to other platforms. I will keep the request on my mind and keep getting closer to it, but for the next few months I will be busy welcoming my new family member .

when I try to update to 0.6.3 I get the error "download failed". Any advice?
I am pretty sure that is a Nokia Store issue...

I have another feature request: In the current version if stockona, one can check the absolute gain of a portfolio by simply pulling the portfolio view down. Then a blue bar appears at the top, showing the accumulated absolute gain of all stock posititions in respect to the purchase price. I love that feature, however I would also like to now what the relative gain of my portfolio is. This function should be easy to implement. One simply has to calculate the weighted average relative gain of all stock positions. Would be awesome to see this feature in a future release :-)
By 'relative gain', do you mean relative to last closing price, i.e. daily gain?

Last edited by sony123; 2013-01-09 at 21:21.

Originally Posted by fredson View Post
I just installed 0.6.5. It works fine so far.
One thing, which seems a bit strange to me. If you add a new position you will have one transaction shown (0 shares @ 0 price). If you delete this transaction, your position will be deleted also. I'm not sure, if it is supposed to work this way.
This is a feature not a bug

Originally Posted by fredson View Post
And btw. the issue is still present, that you HAVE TO insert dots in fractional numbers, which is not possible using german keyboard layout (there is a comma only).
I will keep this in mind and have a look. I thought I've addressed it but apparently not

Hi!

With relative gain I mean the gain relative to the purchase price (the absolute gain shown in the blue bar is also related to the purchase price).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meegofan View Post
Hi!

With relative gain I mean the gain relative to the purchase price (the absolute gain shown in the blue bar is also related to the purchase price).
I still am not entirely sure what you want.
The absolute gain is calculated like this:
Code:
absolute gain = sum( market value per symbol - cost per symbol)
Can you tell me how to derive the relative gain you have in mind?

Hi!

The relative gain of the portfolio is

gain_rel = ( sum( market value per symbol ) / sum ( cost per symbol ) - 1 ) * 100

where "cost per symbol" relates to the purchase price.

The Following User Says Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by meegofan View Post
Hi!

The relative gain of the portfolio is

gain_rel = ( sum( market value per symbol ) / sum ( cost per symbol ) - 1 ) * 100

where "cost per symbol" relates to the purchase price.
hmmm, maybe I got it wrong, but shouldn't it be more like this:
Code:
relative gain = absolute gain / sum (cost per symbol) * 100
best regards

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post: