Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Indeed. This global economy we live in doesn't act lice your local grocery store
It's not just that. This was quarter a century ago in a country that no longer exists so things may be different where you live now but...

...once upon a time, an invoice was a tax document. In a sense that as far as the taxman was concerned, the date on your invoice was the date when the income or expenditure (depending on whether you are the seller or buyer) was counted from. Of course, this is not necessarily convenient, especially if you have customers who delay the payment: you start paying tax on the money you have not received yet. So companies started sending you invoices after you paid for the goods.

For customers with accounting department demanding invoices to authorize payment, an entity called "pro-forma invoice" was invented. This document was not an official tax document and could be discarded once the real invoice arrived.

Of course, in these enligtened times, we do not resort to such practices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's not just that. This was quarter a century ago in a country that no longer exists so things may be different where you live now but...

...once upon a time, an invoice was a tax document. In a sense that as far as the taxman was concerned, the date on your invoice was the date when the income or expenditure (depending on whether you are the seller or buyer) was counted from. Of course, this is not necessarily convenient, especially if you have customers who delay the payment: you start paying tax on the money you have not received yet. So companies started sending you invoices after you paid for the goods.
Now lo and behold, this is the way things are in Finland. You are required to pay your VAT dues before the darn customers ever pay you a penny, and guess what happens when you have done so and the customer files for bankcrupcy in the intermediate period...
Yes, you guessed it, the taxman gets to keep the money. Not indefinitely though, you'll get it back eventually, in about 2 years if uou are still in business by then!

But this comes as no surprise to anyone since we are the easternmost country in europe excluding Russia...

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
For customers with accounting department demanding invoices to authorize payment, an entity called "pro-forma invoice" was invented. This document was not an official tax document and could be discarded once the real invoice arrived.

Of course, in these enligtened times, we do not resort to such practices
heh, just today I wrote up an invoice to a customer I needed to date back to beginning of july by customers request

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
So today, I got a mail from TNT telling met that I have to pay for customs: €43,56

The guys did NOT tell me that I have to pay for customs when I received the package.
Otherwise, I would have refused it untill things were sorted out.

But today, I just got a mail telling me that I have to pay.
We didn't even buy the phone, it should have come as a gift that we are participating the Community program...!?

Anyone else having the same problem?
Not really a problem but DHL also charged me about the same for my Aqua Fish. It wasn't a gift but €44,- seems a bit to much compared to the price of the phone. Still a great device to own

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy666 For This Useful Post:
They really like their 'administratieve kosten'...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Got the same today and indicated this to the french anti-fraud squad. They should have known better. This seems to be a large scale problem of TNT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rigow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rigow View Post
This seems to be a large scale problem of TNT.
Shooting the messenger? I would be more inclined to blame the sender for filling in the forms incorrectly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
customs, jolla c, not happy