Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Wow, this looks like a serious alterations. I would start with unplugging both the screen & battery and cleaning the connectors. My N9 had kinda different symptoms though - power led was blinking unevenly and the screen was dead. Re-plugging internal connectors was the cure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
Wow, this looks like a serious alterations. I would start with unplugging both the screen & battery and cleaning the connectors. My N9 had kinda different symptoms though - power led was blinking unevenly and the screen was dead. Re-plugging internal connectors was the cure.
Yes, I wouldn't choose that solution, as it would more than likely make device useless ...

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Look at this picturr, and schematics

I believe you also need a custom kernen, with additional boot parameters

Fortunately you do not need to break the device like in the picture. The pins are accessible from underneath the SIM card tray too
This is just by development device that I have permanent soldered connection!

And no special kernel is needed, the default Harmattan kernel lets you in with root/rootme just as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Yes, I wouldn't choose that solution, as it would more than likely make device useless ...
Useless as a phone, valuable as debugging platform.
However, that's not needed to have serial connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys all the help is much appreciated ,its the screen. I will look online and see if I can find a replacement online for a reasonable price.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nick999999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ İstanbul
is there any flasher for windows 10 to flash my n9 ?!