Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
I managed to get to register on my local network with n900!
What i did was a CSSU update (didn't do that for a long while), and did a manual serch for network.
Now i will the note4 at home and use n900 as the main phone this week!

Posted from n900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SoCal, USA
I still use mine daily...mostly as a terminal running shell commands/ssh and mp3s via mplayer. I tether it to my laptop and ssh to it over USB. I also use it for garnetvm (palmOS emulator for PIM) and vnc to the device if I need to navigate from my desktop when it is attached.

Here is a pic from today where I have my terminal running screen and mplayer in my mini side monitor. Nice thing is that I can detach my session when I leave for the day and resume when I plug in at home. Oh, I also use it as my mp3 player for my car.

miked1541

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to miked1541 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
I'm OK with the binary, thanks!
In order not to hijack this thread, I started a new one for Taskwarrior.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...28#post1510128
Actually, it's quite easy to take part to the mighty N900 week when the N900 is still your main phone

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Aside from being a backup phone, my N900 has always been serving its purpose as a remote for TV's, shutter button for my camera, and bluetooth keyboard/mouse for a Galaxy S4 with a busted screen that's connected to a TV.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
charged the n900. runs like hell. time to update cssu...

thanx to all devs!

take the n900 to vacation in few days for taking pictures and backup phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sperle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by miked1541 View Post
I still use mine daily...mostly as a terminal running shell commands/ssh and mp3s via mplayer. I tether it to my laptop and ssh to it over USB. I also use it for garnetvm (palmOS emulator for PIM) and vnc to the device if I need to navigate from my desktop when it is attached.

Here is a pic from today where I have my terminal running screen and mplayer in my mini side monitor. Nice thing is that I can detach my session when I leave for the day and resume when I plug in at home. Oh, I also use it as my mp3 player for my car.

http://www.mutated.net/stuff/20160719_n900.jpg

miked1541
Very cool. I think we need more pictures in this thread. Let the best n900 picture take it all!

Approximately half the week has gone. Keep it up guys. The N900 getting better day by day.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
I'm still using the N900 as my main phone. Reinforced the USB port back when early reports of it failing were emerging and it's given me no trouble.

I bought a busted Nexus 4 18 months ago and repaired it thinking it might have been time to replace the N900. For all the bells and whistles on the N4, my N900 is still a much better phone, multimedia device and pocket computer.

It wouldn't be this way without the continual efforts of the devs and the community here so thank you all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martinus For This Useful Post:
Great idea to post a picture with n900 in action this week!

Here is mine:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
did you try to install the certificate via the 'Settings' application? In the 'Connections' part of the settings there is 'Certificate Manager', that can install certificates.
Yes, but what I mean is I'd need to first get the certificate exported from our server.... cannot remember offhand but it is some openssh-command...
I need to do that to fetch the cert to N900, then install from there, right?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, but what I mean is I'd need to first get the certificate exported from our server.... cannot remember offhand but it is some openssh-command...
I need to do that to fetch the cert to N900, then install from there, right?
Strange, my Gmail account is working with no problem, without installing any certificate

The Following User Says Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post: