Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Hi All,

Whenever i open the camera application i get the following error,
"The camera is not responding. Try again or restart the device".
I have tried all the mods and also reflashed it many times. i have even tried the gps fix, none of them worked. I mailed Nokia care and they told me to take it to Nokia care. I am from India and N9 is not supported here. What am i supposed to do? Please suggest a feasible solution.
I am not sure if its a software issue or a hardware issue.

Regards
Krishna

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
well you can take it to Nokia Care in India and try your luck...I think they should be able to tell you if its a hardware issue and whether they are ready to repair it at a cost to you...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Hmm wait for somebody's advice here. Mean while try both restore settings and clear device then flash again. Just in case.. you know.. Good luck.

Well he has reflashed it several times...if he has done a reflash of both rootfs+emmc it definitely is a hardware issue...

The camera acts up with gps turned off for me

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well he has reflashed it several times...if he has done a reflash of both rootfs+emmc it definitely is a hardware issue...
i think just in case, he should reflash his phone several more times, just to make it sure that usb works :P
kidding, yes, i agree that it might be hardware fault, but seems like nokia didn't do drivers very well.
some n9's/950's had similar problems with headphones (mine does)
however service should do the trick (unless he's happy like italian guy who bought n9 in swiss and had tons of problems)

i used to get this ALOT in 1.2 but in 1.3 never showed up since

Originally Posted by karthik.cak View Post
Hi All,

Whenever i open the camera application i get the following error,
"The camera is not responding. Try again or restart the device".
I have tried all the mods and also reflashed it many times. i have even tried the gps fix, none of them worked. I mailed Nokia care and they told me to take it to Nokia care. I am from India and N9 is not supported here. What am i supposed to do? Please suggest a feasible solution.
I am not sure if its a software issue or a hardware issue.

Regards
Krishna
Try a full reflash

Both RootFS AND eMMC just incase

Follow the instructions in the link below, they are basically the same for the N9 just a different version of flasher and obviously the image name is different.

Flashing the eMMC in the N900

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE DEVICE, PLEASE DO A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING THE eMMC!!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-08-04 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
GOW why give him the n900 link when you can give him the n9 Comprehensive Flashing Guide: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
GOW why give him the n900 link when you can give him the n9 Comprehensive Flashing Guide: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693
Coz the instructions are EXACTLY the same..

The only real difference is the image name, if he has flashed already, then he knows how to use NaviFirm..

The wiki is easier and better to see how to, compared to searching through lots of other info on location names and firmware info that he must already know..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page