Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Perhaps we should also consider creating a repo of the themes. That would allow nice updating experience to the end users.

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Perhaps we should also consider creating a repo of the themes. That would allow nice updating experience to the end users.
Wouldn't using the existing Extras repository provide an even nicer updating experience to the end users?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I like that ^ idea. But, it might also be cool to have a Maemo Themes repo... Just keeping my mind open.

Tim

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I like that ^ idea. But, it might also be cool to have a Maemo Themes repo... Just keeping my mind open.

Tim
I wouldn't mind having a Maemo Themes repo, I haven't started putting my themes on any repos yet but I will this week. What I would really like is a Theme Section or Sub Section of the forums.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Well, maemo extras is obviously a good place, however, uploading anything there requires linux and patience. I would rather have a simpler mechanism for themes.

I have a domain tabletdownloads.com I had thought about putting a script like rapidshare.com to allow file uploads. There are times I do a quick change I want to checkout on my tablet that I don't want updated on my garage project.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

so, will that allow a proper repository to happe so that people will get the SSU updates for updated themes?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The Theme maker program is very simple to use and to design the theme you simply modify the template that comes with the theme maker.
Is the Theme maker program part of your project, or where does one find it and the template you mention?

Originally Posted by sd_proto View Post
Is the Theme maker program part of your project, or where does one find it and the template you mention?
theme maker is done by konttori. You can find it on the garage.

konttori: That wouldn't give a repository with updates I would be happy to see about a repository for themes id you want

I think theme repository is the right way to go, or to host the themes in maemo extras. The big point being that people tend to develop themes incrementally and that way end users would be getting the updates to the themes all the time.

However, of course if theme is good from day 1, then that wouldn't be needed.

Tags
theme