Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Las Palmas
Excellent work guys. Thanks.

Running at 825 right now and no problems.

Cheers,

Barrie

just reflashed with the 750, 700 was to slow after trying 800 lol, so far so good with 750

running 900mhz for 8 hours now, no problems here!
playing games, wifi, heavy use, no problem! battery icon shows half a battery, i am leaning towards more battery with 900mhz or it is just my imagination..

great work!!!

any one tried stock flash? did the firmware information come back?

Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
I've tried two cards that had previously worked with my phone. And both cards are recognize by my computer and files are usable too.

I'm just going to reflash to see what's up. I mean, I also have another issue. Which has to do with the timezone. My actual timezone is GMT -5, from NYC. The phone got the NYC part right, but for some odd reason, the time zone is shown as GMT-4.
Wait. Do you have your battery cover off?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Is it possible to do this hack without flashing? Like installing some package? I dont want to flash it, because I'll lose some apps/settings and time, and If I want 600MHz stock kernel again, I'll have to flash it again. (And If 900Mhz does not work for me, or If I want to switch to 800MHz, I'll.. flash it again.)

In desktop GNU/Linuxes, It is possible and easy to use different versions of kernel. (I had xx.22 to xx.34 Linux kernels on my Ubuntu)

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Ronaldo,
I've returnet to stock flash to see if it goes to 600 Mhz realy, but dont remember to see that information firmware

Another good battery tests would be, for exemple, playing an emulator 30 minutes, and see what battery graph shows with 0.5 zoom..and do the same with another kernel . (Or play music, or playing a video, or something else.. )

Regards

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Slovakia, Žilina
Running at 800 right now and no problems.
but nokia software updater problems device not identified
sorry google translate

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
Is it possible to do this hack without flashing? Like installing some package? I dont want to flash it, because I'll lose some apps/settings and time, and If I want 600MHz stock kernel again, I'll have to flash it again. (And If 900Mhz does not work for me, or If I want to switch to 800MHz, I'll.. flash it again.)

In desktop GNU/Linuxes, It is possible and easy to use different versions of kernel. (I had xx.22 to xx.34 Linux kernels on my Ubuntu)
You are not flashing the firmware, just the kernel. I can tell you first hand, no apps or settings are lost.

The Following User Says Thank You to zvogt For This Useful Post:
You will not lose any data by flashing a kernel, and it take less than one second (true)

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom