Active Topics

Notices

Expenselog is a simple and fast way to register expenses. Data is saved to a plain TXT file.

I use it to register small expenses. All data is saved as a tab-delimited file under "MyDocs/expenselog", so it's available when the phone is mounted as a USB drive. I open it with Excel and then import data into a spreadsheet.

It is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.

Package page:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/expenselog/

Currently available in the Extras-testing repository. Page for voting:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...enselog/1.0.1/

Please use this page also as a bugtracker.

Screens:

Last edited by eduperez; 2011-05-13 at 14:42.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Nice. I was just nagging myself about needing to keep track of stuff like this

In the future, I could see a widget version being extremely handy -- even a quick, always-available UI to access just the expense categories and dollar amounts would be a great help.

Originally Posted by eduperez View Post
Currently available in the Extras-testing repository. I have no idea where the page for voting for promotion is.
This is the page for voting.

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
This is the page for voting.
Thanks! I guess it was not up yet when I was posting....

Thanks, it is very handy and easy to use for business or holiday trips. But why can't we have a balance column/box? I have to use excel or make manual calculation!

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yes! I was looking for an app like this! At present I am using gnumeric to keep track, but a native app seems way better! Will check and report back my comments here.

BTW, why cant I thank your posts?

Also, +1 for setting an initial balance and showing curent balance, preferably in a desktop wiget!

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-06-12 at 14:26.

Nice. I agree that a balance box would be nice to have and a widget would be awesome.

+1 to you since I can't thank.

Regarding a balance box: well, it is reasonably easy to implement. Will look into it when I get some spare time.

But I created it as a fast way to register these small expenses, and the balance I check on a spreadsheet (using Excel, you only have to open the TXT file and select the value column to see the total). Actually, I use the N900 just to register the information and from time to time transfer this information to a large worksheet.

This app's UI is great. Thanks a lot for developing it

Sometimes I get a error like "Unable to write to file, data may have been lost" then the app does not save my latest edits. It's fine after a reboot though.

A feature I would suggest to make the app more finger friendly is to have the categories displayed in two columns. Or better yet, to have have an interface like the Tags feature in the default Photos app.

Originally Posted by mfyahya View Post
Sometimes I get a error like "Unable to write to file, data may have been lost" then the app does not save my latest edits. It's fine after a reboot though.
That error had nothing to do with this app. I had lots of "fat_get_cluster: invalid cluster chain" errors showing up in dmesg and MyDocs filesystem was getting mounted read-only. Running fsck.vfat fixed the issue.