Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
can you upload the full article somewhere or send it to me?
Err, what is stopping you from buying it yourself?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Err, what is stopping you from buying it yourself?
because i think c't has enough money, without my 3,50 EUR.

Better i would donate this 3,50 EUR to CodeRUS or Cepi for they work...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
C'mon 3,5 isn't helping noone that much eather. And If you really want to support whoever, just go ahead.

Besides, I was just getting it yesterday to read for myself on paper, you might as well just go to the next späti and have a look, the articel isn't too long to read.

There's not much news in there anyhow, but what I didn't know is that Dirk was planning to on some sliding mechanism primarily, but couldn't find someone to produce hinges needed.

Altogether this articl will introduce jolla to a wider audience and that's a good thing for sure!

p.s. I think c't sells for 4,5 EUR.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by alfredquack View Post
p.s. I think c't sells for 4,5 EUR.
No, it's 3.50. Unless they charge different prices based on your IP:

Originally Posted by c't magazin
Diesen Artikel jetzt für 3,50 €* kaufen mit...

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
well, I meant the whole print c't. That's what I got myself yesterday, here in germany, I don't know about availability abroad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
for non germans speaking folks:

the first comment made was a guy stating how one could make such thing without chequing CE, Weee and other rules and regulations.

But there are some comments against that too, including mine:

He who makes no mistakes, doesn' make nothing! Just go ahead and make it - thanks DIRK.

http://www.heise.de/ct/ausgabe/2015-....html#comments

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alfredquack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
But you have to say, he's got some point too. I am not sure if Dirk has at least checked with regulations (including VAT regulations for selling within EU). If I take on such a project, I would. But as others it c't comments stated: this would make me a typical german.

Still I think this is a great project.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
But you have to say, he's got some point too. I am not sure if Dirk has at least checked with regulations (including VAT regulations for selling within EU). If I take on such a project, I would. But as others it c't comments stated: this would make me a typical german.

Still I think this is a great project.
Dirk operates under a legitimate business licence (the licence is over five years old now) with a valid VAT number.

If you don't believe me, all of that information can be found and verified through tools available on the internet.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about the finer parts of following regulations, as I think that for an already 5 year-old business that is the easy part.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
Dirk operates under a legitimate business licence
I can confirm this.
The Article fails to mention that he is doing Prototyping since quite some time. This gives the impression that he just collected money for tohkbd and made it as a complete bedroom project.

And to the first comenter i can just say :"Wo kein Kläger, da kein Richter" engl. "You dont need a judge if there is no prosecutor".
We buyers would be the potential pepole to make claims aginst Dirk if TOHKBD starts to burn in our pockets... I can't see that happen

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
On the downside it seems that a lot of other keys change to the "standard" layout, as it would be on a normal PC keyboard. For example the "-"-Key right of the number keys now writes a "ß" (which would be at that position on a normal keyboard). Same goes for some other keys, and also the fn-symbols (blue) don't match the characters produced anymore in many cases...
you can revert to the previous behaviour with settings/system/text input/active layout (hwkbd) -> english

The Following User Says Thank You to shining235 For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd