Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone want to sell a jolla battery to me or a whole device cheap since I only want the battery? I think jollas sales is restricted by prices and access to parts. It will also affect upcoming sales of new devices.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-26 at 16:32.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Dave, I thought you sold your Jolla already?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Dave, I thought you sold your Jolla already?
Dude, not my phone! Your Phone

I worked as the middle man in that deal, in the shadows, pulling the strings

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
That news may surprise Jolla the company, given the following very explicit comment by Jolla engineer Jonni Rainisto

when specifically asked if any additional NFC functionality might be made available.
I made an NFC payment with my Jolla a few months ago, so it clearly does work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I made an NFC payment with my Jolla a few months ago, so it clearly does work.
There's a wallet app? How? Sorry to ask so many questions; however now I'm curious.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Odd that no one has managed to do that, then, eh?
At least @vistaus claims to have done it.
I have to confess I have not tried but as I said I suspect it is very much possible.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There's a wallet app? How? Sorry to ask so many questions; however now I'm curious.
There's no Wallet app AFAIK, but I did it using the banking app of my bank (which is an Android app even!).

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
My understanding/impression was that the phone was basicly just a promo for the Sailfish OS, which they hoped would get some the real manufacturers interested on the platform. There haven't been any takers, so its been a major failure in that sense.

Now for my personal use its been pretty good. Lack of the promised 4G was a turn down for me, until the support was added. Now my only big gripe is the camera, which is super bad and not worth using. Other than that I'm propably too happy with it in the sense that I would not upgrade to a new Jolla phone, unless it had much, much and then some more much more better camera.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
There's no Wallet app AFAIK, but I did it using the banking app of my bank (which is an Android app even!).
So how did your Android app pick up the NFC? Does it show up as an option within the app? Can you turn it on/off within the app or is it always on?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
My understanding/impression was that the phone was basicly just a promo for the Sailfish OS, which they hoped would get some the real manufacturers interested on the platform. There haven't been any takers, so its been a major failure in that sense.

Now for my personal use its been pretty good. Lack of the promised 4G was a turn down for me, until the support was added. Now my only big gripe is the camera, which is super bad and not worth using. Other than that I'm propably too happy with it in the sense that I would not upgrade to a new Jolla phone, unless it had much, much and then some more much more better camera.

Are u ready to buy anything follow up without thinking twice given the cam is Improved and price is a bit higher? I want to create a poll to see how many jolla users ready to go for an upgrade...

EDIT: maybe OP could add it to this thread?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-26 at 21:06.