Notices

Originally Posted by jadgr8 View Post
hey wakkamis,

i replaced my flash 10 back to 9 (the same old file). i uninstalled everything that was depending on mplayer (i.e. sib, canola2 youtube plugin, canola2 tuning plugin). then i removed kmplayer, mplayer and live-wallpaper. i rebooted my device, installed kmplayer and mplayer, rebooted again, then finally installed live-wallpaper again. now when i use the flash theme in live wallpaper, it turns the background completely white.

so the only change is the red line on the top left of the homescreen is now gone and the homescreen background turns completely white. i rebooted again and tried a couple of different swf files but same result.

any suggestions? any other application that might be the reason for this?

Thanks and regards.

Edit:

ok, so i uninstalled a lot of applications. started with the ones that i thought might be using flash or mplayer. i had tweak flash plugin so i selected the default pr1.3 flash and uninstalled it. then uninstalled, sib, canola2, mediabox, ytube, cute tube, qtlockscreen, boot menu, and some more i cant recall, was just selecting through fap.

but i got the same result, goddamn white screen every time.

is there anything that can be done? any other application i should try?
So I flashed my phone back to stock to see if I could come up with the same problem with the white background. After i was back up and running from the flashing, I installed mplayer, then kmplayer, then live wallpaper apps. I then went and installed kmplayer found in this post and everything was back to normal.

Hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to wakkamis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rochmanew View Post
I request this flash in 800x800 resolution,so that can be normally fullscreen in potrait mode,can it be? many thanks!
Have to find my original file and tweak it to work with 800x800. Not sure this will fix the problem but i will post it when i find my originals.

Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
So I flashed my phone back to stock to see if I could come up with the same problem with the white background. After i was back up and running from the flashing, I installed mplayer, then kmplayer, then live wallpaper apps. I then went and installed kmplayer found in this post and everything was back to normal.

Hope that helps.
Did exactly the same as you told and flashed my device then followed your instructions in the exact order. Same result, white background. I'm sure that I'm not making any mistakes now. So now I'm just forgetting that I ever wanted to use flash as live wallpaper.

Thanks anyways for your help and concern.

Sorry I couldnt help you out man. Wish i knew what was causing the white out. :/

Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
Sorry I couldnt help you out man. Wish i knew what was causing the white out. :/
No problem man. By the way, today, just out of curiosity, i flashed my eMMC also, removing every single thing on my N900 and then flashed the global firmware.

Just wanted to be sure that there isn't any mistake on my part and there wasn't.

So, now i won't regret that i didn't try to the limit, I was free anyways.

Last edited by jadgr8; 2011-08-09 at 22:29.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
So I tried to make some live wallpaper from flash. but I always end up with a white screen on my N900 :/

Anyone knows what I did wrong? (Publish settings?)

Edit: Changed publish settings to Flash 6.0 AS1.0 and it worked

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-08-14 at 20:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
So I tried to make some live wallpaper from flash. but I always end up with a white screen on my N900 :/

Anyone knows what I did wrong? (Publish settings?)

Edit: Changed publish settings to Flash 6.0 AS1.0 and it worked
I'm having the same problem. Can you please tell me how to change the publish settings on N900? I can't find it on google!

Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by jadgr8 View Post
I'm having the same problem. Can you please tell me how to change the publish settings on N900? I can't find it on google!

Thanks.
Go to:
File > Publish Settings...

go to the tab Flash change the Player to Flash Player 6
and the script into ActionScript1.0

I'm using Flash CS5

Edit:

I found a bug on live wallpaper!
If you have any spaces in any of the file names or directories, it will end up with a white screen!!! Be sure that there are NO spaces in the path where the flash file is!
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-08-18 at 23:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Go to:
I found a bug on live wallpaper!
If you have any spaces in any of the file names or directories, it will end up with a white screen!!! Be sure that there are NO spaces in the path where the flash file is!
There you go, just changed the name of the folder where i was storing my files (removed spaces) and its working now. I named it Flash Wallpapers, now its FlashWallpapers and everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot 'HtheB'. You're a genius for identifying the problem, I was having the same problem for a long time but never thought of this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jadgr8 For This Useful Post:
There seems to be a problem with the flash player:
1. enable a flash wallpaper
2. switch to its desktop
3. launch htop
4. you can see that for each activated desktop with the flash wallpaper there are 2 processes instead of one.

this is eating much more memory and affects performance i believe.

the player for the flash used on my device is kmplayer and i can see 6 of its processes when i enable 3 different flash wallpapers.
if i disable them, all processes are gone.