Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
FFS get off MAGs back. The kid is 18, and deserves a life. I don't see why he should piss away what could be the best years of his life just to keep a few selfish d-bags happy.

My website

GitHub

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
This doesn't change fact that it isn't nice to block contributions (via volunteer work also) from other people by disappearing without warning - unless really something bad happened, in which case all rants are automatically redirected to /dev/null.

Anyway, we're getting off-topic from our already settled off-topic'shy topic, so we are in danger of accidentally returning on-topic, by going 360 degrees around. Considering this danger, let's leave MAG alone, and focus on working on solution, that is bulletproof either for disappearing bastards, and crystal-clear heroes getting hit by a bus - neither of those should result in showstop for any project with multiple people involved, let alone so important one as CSSU.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
CSSU is not touching RSS Reader, at least for now .

Looks like you haven't reflashed it properly.

I have flashed it the way i always did and it is only after cssu these problems with the rss occur.

Once flashed on stock or kernel there are no rss issues but once updated to cssu the problems start.

You can test it out for yourself.

And this is a real issue as i have tried it out on 3 n900s so far.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by dattadude View Post
I have flashed it the way i always did and it is only after cssu these problems with the rss occur.

Once flashed on stock or kernel there are no rss issues but once updated to cssu the problems start.

You can test it out for yourself.

And this is a real issue as i have tried it out on 3 n900s so far.
Would you open a bug in the bugtracker (hopefully that one still works), so we won't lose the issue?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Also this problem is solved with a flash . And one more shocking discovery!!

Even after a full flash the rss feed app and widget will still contain the feeds subscribed to before the flash.

I dont even know how its possible but this seem like a pretty scary thing.
If you flashed both eMMC and firmware then there definitely shouldn't be any feeds (or anything else) left. If you just reflashed the firmware then I'd expect all the feeds to remain, as they're stored in the user home directory (on the eMMC), not on the rootfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
FFS get off MAGs back. The kid is 18, and deserves a life. I don't see why he should piss away what could be the best years of his life just to keep a few selfish d-bags happy.
From this response I think that you don't understand the problem. The problem is that doesn't want to admit that he cant handle the things he started. That is it. No one will by angry at him if he will say: finito, I'm done, I can not pull this longer. This would be clear and why one would like to blaim him? For what. Instead on IRC he always is stating that there are no problems everything works ok, he can handle everything and that changes or help is not needed. Something is wrong because obviously it is the other way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
discussion about repos/infrastructure problem(s) and solution(s) continues in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41451&page=67
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
hey guys i found some pretty scary bugs!!!

these bugs are all related to the stock rss feed reader! when adding a feed or updating on (CSSU testing) it doesnt download the favicon at all. . there is no png in the favicon flolder. . but it does work for some sites. . also tested on (CSSUstable). . it turns out tht the rss feed wont update or allow me to add feeds while using a 2g or 3g connection. and this problem will only happen wit my sim. if u se my sim on another n900 wit cssu it updates flawlessly or use someone elses sim on my cssu n900 it wrks flawlessly . . plz dont try on satble as u will never be able to update using ur sim. and this cannot be fixed wit even a 100 flashes! . . yes. . this bug will still occur even after a full emmc and os flash!

one last find. . (in CSSU testing)

i flashed my phone . n to my suprise even after a full flash the rss feed app and widget still had my rss feeds from before, you may find it impossible but i have teste d it over 5 times n reproduce this bug 100%!. . and you are welcome to try!

plz look into this issue too.. it seems the cssu can access the unflashable areas of the n900.

and please do not say i havnt flashed correctly. . i have flashed correctly. and an n900 which has never had cssu does not show these problems after a flash.

i have posted these bugs but lost hope as no one has the answer. . these bugs persist even after a full flash and must be given crictical importance.

once again thk u guys for all ur great wrk!

will log a bug as soon as i get time this weekend!

Last edited by dattadude; 2012-01-11 at 19:52.

app search widget does not work in portrait mode!!!!

app search widget does not work in portrait mode!!!!
So contact "app seach widget" (whatever TF it is) developer to fix it!!!11!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing