For me it seems to be an obvious pattern. The larger the file size the more likely it times out during the download. Alas, I have installed some things but larger things like Python(2.5MB), Canola(9MB), and others fail. I really should wait and try it later but I am like a kid with a candy jar.

In light of the bandwidth issues, I think Nokia should spend a few bucks on some raid storage and load balancing and a few on some PR on the success of the Internet Tablet series. I wonder how many active users are out there based on the server logs.
Take a positive out of a negative.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ deutschland
I have the same issues with canola2 and ukmp. It loads a lot of data, rather fast now (9.3MB / 5.5MB) in 20-30 secs, then the message "installationsdatei korrupt" which means in english: the install-file is corrupt.
I had this after a new flashing of os2008 without restoring anything from older installation.
I had this after loading repos from canola and / or maemo.
It's not only a bandwidth-issue, it's a real issue of one of the repos.

Edit: How to get a non-corrupt install-file??

I just did a direct download of the fmradio deb to my pc and ar x does not recognize it as a debian archive. Just for chuckles I scp'd it to my nokia and of course dpkg refused to install it.

Code:
fmradio_1.5.7_armel.deb  MD5Sum mismatch

The only items I have this "corrupt" problem with requires installing python as a prerequisite. Installing python standalone gives the same "corrupt" error.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I just did a direct download of the fmradio deb to my pc and ar x does not recognize it as a debian archive.
Probably because it's not a debian package, but an html page telling that the service isn't available. As if apt-get would parse what it thinks is a package as html to inform the user....

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
The page should be sending back the appropriate HTTP response code, ie. 503 Service Unavailable, but predictably maemo.org couldn't get that right either, which is why apt-get is getting confused.

Well I'm glad (hope) it's not just me...

Having had a N810 for Christmas (finally replaced my N770), and upgraded to the latest version of OS2008, I was very happy until discovering that I cannot install either Maemo Mapper nor Canola - two major apps.

I get the 'installation file corrupted' message when I try loading either of them.

Anyone else had and/or solved this problem ?
Thanks

Walter

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
also , what is with the update to the built in map application that when i click on it it says the " software from a different soure and will likey harm your system message?

anyone have solved the problem? my have same problem can't install UKMP & Mapper!!

Saka