Hi, any help would be appreciated before I launch my phone.

The calendar built in the N9 is simple to use and reliable until I sync with my google calendar account using the built in Caldav service.

After adding a Caldav account to the N9 and choosing this calendar to be default on my device bizzare things start to happen. For instance I've added about 4 events, some of which is in August and some in September. When my calendars sync the ones in September vanish off of my calendar but the ones in August remain there as if there's something preventing me from seeing events which are too far in the future.

If I log into google calendar's web site I can see all of the events but my phone is refusing to make them all visible.

The bit that's doing my head in the most is that I've got the calendar feed app installed and the missing events are still showing fine on the events home page.

What's going on?

Mine too, having terrible problems with repeating events, when one event in the sequence gets modified, N9 just doesn't seem to pick up the changes

My setup is pretty different to your though, I'm not using Google, but DavMail as an intermediary to MS Exchange. But the same instance of DavMail talking to Thunderbird/Lightening handles repeating events fine, so I'm sure the issue is with the N9's CalDav implementation.

Me too. Same problem using Google either with caldav or MfE. I did a quick experiment and set up the sync through Nokia Suite with Outlook - same result.

There must be something somewhere that's restricting the display of entries into the future. I don't have a huge number of entries so a couple of years wouldn't cause problems.

It is extremely irritating and has seriously undermined the usefulness of the N9 from my perspective. I don't remember having these problems under PR1.2 but maybe I didn't notice before...

Serious kludge. Editing the entries in Google to make them recurring (1 time a year later) made them reappear in the N9 calendar.

Here's hoping they stay there....

can anyone confirm whether it works properly in pr1.2? I'll roll back if i have to because i've yet to see any improvement in pr1.3 anyway

Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
can anyone confirm whether it works properly in pr1.2? I'll roll back if i have to because i've yet to see any improvement in pr1.3 anyway
I noticed disappearing events already in PR1.2 (holiday calendar with events one year in the future). May things got even worse with PR1.3!?

Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
I don't think you can roll back, Nokia updates are one way only :-(

Hi

What I've noticed is that the caldav implementation on the n9 only shows dates in a aprox 2-3 month period. So if you set an event 4 months ahead it won't show eventhough it's been created (and you can check with google calendar). Haven't managed to make this limitation dissapear.

thanks,

It's great having a phone which intergrates so many services without the need of apps but it hasn't come without problems. Everytime i restore my phone from an old backup most services don't work properly.

This particular fault has caused my personal calendar entries to vanish as well. As I said before i can see them on the home page through the calendar feed app but there's some i need to edit. I tried deleting all calendar accounts which sync online but they're still missing. This is the worst bug ever

The Following User Says Thank You to dirtymoon For This Useful Post:
btw. On this particular occasion i haven't even used a restore. I've given up using restore points