Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
It will be never be fixed, as you really cannot measure exact digital values from analog battery. So its just a common feature of li-on batteries that voltages drops rapidly on when battery level gets low. So there really is not anything that can be fixed.

Well they can fake the sw not to read the battery levels and only show decreasing values that has nothing to do with battery level. But imho its better to show what battery reports as voltage level than to lie to end user in the UI.
Other smartphones don't turn off with battery at 40%...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
you can ofcourse try changing the battery to a new one, if you happen to have a one that does voltage dropping already at 40%. Usually that happens at 20-30%.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
This nokia link update is fun and all, but my N9 never had this installed in the first place. Neither do i have connection issues, so is it recommended to install nokia link thru apt get, or should i use nokia-suite to update my firmware, as described in the link above? Or should i do nothing? What do you guys think?
thanks!

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Other smartphones don't turn off with battery at 40%...
Ah, I had that too
Switching the power safe mode level (from the settings) helped a bit.
For example to 10%.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2013-06-15 at 14:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Nice fix, but i'm still waiting for the battery bug to be fixed...
The difference between the 3G- and the battery-bug is that the first will (in the worst case) make your device stop working entirely, whereas the second "only" makes the device run (more) badly.

The first case is a major problem for the manufacturer both from an customer point of view (warranty) and a network-carrier point of view (cause a mess on their networks and they will give you the boot in no time). Hence the manufacturer will fix those usually without much delay.

The second case is literally a "non-problem" for any manufacturer unless the affected customers cause a massive ****-storm on the net or do a class action lawsuit. To really appreciate the unimportance of the battery-bug just remember Apples antennagate where even a fatal conceptional design-flaw was shrugged off with a "Don't hold it that way" and then - after a massive ****-storm in the media - some bumpers were reluctantly offered but not a real fix. Since the number of N9 users is rather small any chance for Nokia to even notice there is a problem is nonexistent. Even if they'd notice they'd shrug it off with something like that's what todays tech allows for.

So a fix won't happen not because there is no harmattan-team anymore but simply because of the difference of what a "bug" is from a manufacturers and a customers point of view.

Some remarks on solving the problem yourself:

Forget all those scripts and tricks you've read about here because their solving of the problem is purely cosmetic. Real world example: I get a drop from 37% to 4%, apply one of those fixes and get back to 28%, only to drop back to 4% two minutes later and the device shutting down a minute later.

The issue is that as the device is being overly sensitive when it comes to remaining battery power (voltage). Trying to trick the device into believing in higher values won't work because there simply is no leeway allowed for. To make it short: The device is set in a way so it only accepts a new or near new battery. Anything that shows even the slightest sign of being not fresh anymore gets the 4% treatment.

You can only solve the issue by changing the battery for a new one. Depending on your usage pattern you may then enjoy 6 to 12 Months of trouble free use. Then repeat.

It goes without saying the different view on the "bug" quality of the issue hurts multiple times more from a customer point of view when the device in question has no user replaceable battery. It also shows the manufacturer has not adjusted his relevant perception of reality.

To put the story into perspective: After a year of heavy use (up to two charging cycles per day, same as my N9 now) I thought "Li-ions are rated for 300-500 cycles, I'll treat my N900 to a new battery and enjoy better battery-life". Surprise! The new battery did NOT give me more battery life. I switched back to the old one which is still in use and which still doesn't show any problems.

So either the battery in my n900 is the miraculous super-battery that comes along every 1000 years or the battery-handling of the N9 is just broken. Your pick.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
After this update my girlfriend seems to have bigger tits, not a bug at all, more like an improvement... don't know if related or caused by this package, but want to share my impressions with you. I'll keep posting any changes.
could you provide a log and some "screenshots" please?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Jokes aside, I tried aceso-iso again a mnd it disabled all connections after reboot.
So...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
For the fun of it, updated my N9 (Denmark) and have no issues, also, so far nothing to report improvementswise.
FB/Twitter/Qneptunea etc all works.
Openmode kernel, and Inceptiom + Powerpack also installed.
I didnt have any 3G issues before this either
PR1.3 (40_2012.21-3.340.04.1_PR_340

Also, I did reboot - since acording to some, that should/might bring up the issue.
Not, after reboot (thanks thedead) my date/time was still correct - autoupdate is set from carrier.

Last edited by nieldk; 2013-06-18 at 08:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Jokes aside, I tried aceso-iso again a mnd it disabled all connections after reboot.
So...
Did you check your date and time like I mentioned earlier?

I've had no issues with this update since install, running pr 1.3.

Tags
3g bug, herpderp, nokia link