Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Seattle
I love my N9, but 3 days ago my my camera began giving me the message

'camera is not responding. Try again or restart the device if problem continues'

I tried a number of times, and restarted the device a number of times as well.

Then my battery died.

When I recharged the phone and turned it back on, I found that I had no messages and no contact information. Further, I had no photos in gallery as well.

I tried to sync with NokiaLink, which showed that I am using 37 GB of 64 GB. I then tried to sync with Nokia Suite. It actually synced my photos (even those I took when the camera was giving me problems), but it could not sync any messages.

AND even though the gallery synced, the gallery on my N9 still doesn't display any photos...just a few videos.

Is there any way to get my messages and contacts back and display the photos that seem to still be on the phone?

thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to papapenguin For This Useful Post:
there could be 2 problems going on at the same time...I'm still having problems with my camera...I can see and access the pictures from a computer, but not from the N9, itself...

I also read that only a certain number of messages could be stored on the N9 at one time (2000?) I did have a bunch of messages on the phone when it crashed and I lost all...any ideas as to how I can access these messages again?

please help if you have any ideas...thanks...

I have the exact same issue strating today. The camera app stopped responding a few times the other days, then today morning all may contacts, call logs and messages have gone missing.

Have you had any succes in finding a solution to the problem???

At this point i'm only interested in recovering my lost contacts...

The Following User Says Thank You to Adibungau For This Useful Post:
unfortunately, I haven't found a solution...but I'm sure there must be one...I'd like to retrieve my contacts and the messages, too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papapenguin For This Useful Post:
it seems my problem was a corrupted database...I cleared the phone by going into Settings-->Reset-->Clear device

That seems to have worked, although I lost everything...

I then restored the phone from one of the backups that I made