Active Topics

How do you exit out of nokia suite mode or mass storage mode? it seems whenever i select either or, the only way to get out of that mode is to unplug the cable. Im not sure if thats safe to do without disabling it first. for instance, if i load up nokia suite and put the phone in nokia suite mode, once i ext the program its stuck there until i unplug the usb cable. is that normal?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Yes, unplugging the cable. Don't know about Windows, but under Linux you should properly unmount the connected N900 first (which is one click on the desktop in most Linux distributions) before removing the cable.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
As Andre has already stated diconnecting first is always best with any device not just the N900.

If you are using Windows Vista or 7 I have seen / heard several people having various issues with their N900's. This has been more true to the Nokia Software Updater but also seems to effect others using in Mass USB mode. I can't confirm as I don't have a unit yet, just what I have been reading around on the web so take that as you will.

thats what i mean. Im using windows 7. How do I go about unmounting. I cant seem to find any way to do this on the n900.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
with my win7 64bit n900 unmounts just like any usb drive.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

the only way i can unmount from win7 is with mass storage mode and i eject it in windows but the phone will still stay in that mode unless you pull the cable.

Last edited by mustang_52; 2009-12-01 at 18:54.