1. Can't play any files i put in there beside the MP4? I put in Avi, wmv and they don't play?? What's going on?? Do i need to update the firmware or something and where?

2. Why the hell Firefox beta 5.0 so slow?? It's completely useless...almost like freeze up and i thought they're improving it?

3. How come i can not get my POP email to work...i have comcast email and i know i put in the right address and settings with in and outward mail settings. And what is up with Yahoo push...it doesn't work.

4. Where are all the apps?? I thought i saw a video where this guy show there are hundreds of app out there and yet only about 15 to 20 there i saw?? What's going on.

5. Video recording mode..I thought i see more settings there...where is it?? Update firmware needed or what??

Last edited by romanianusa; 2009-12-01 at 06:27.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
1. no idea

2. because it is beta?

3. problem could lie anywhere with the info you gave.

4. hidden to keep your device safe.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

those will appear to you also with no need to change any settings if you just have patience to wait that the software gets updates to stability etc and goes through QA process.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bangalore
Regarding your questions,

1. It all depends on the codecs. Although, the avi container is supported, the codec may not actually be supported. When you try to play the video, do you see any error message? check out this link, it will upgrade the codec support http://symbianbriefs.blogspot.com/20...-for-n900.html

2. Firefox is still in beta. Video and audio support is still very slow. Better stick to the default browser.

3. Dunno anything about this. Everything works smoothly for me.

4. You will need to enable the extras-devel repository for that. NOTE: These are apps that are currently under testing, they can be very un-stable.
Also, wait for the un-veiling of maemo app store

5. Which settings are you talking about?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raghu_mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
1. Can't play any files i put in there beside the MP4? I put in Avi, wmv and they don't play?? What's going on??
Don't know. If you were exact I could tell.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
2. Why the hell Firefox beta 5.0 so slow??
What the hell is that? Latest Firefox beta is version 3.6, latest stable is 3.5.

Re videos. When I first used my device it was slow as h*ll and didn't like playing videos. After an unwanted spontaneous reboot, it's behaved like a champ, and has played every video (xvid, etc.) that I've thrown at it.