Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Well I'm no dev, but reading this made me smile all the same. Thanks Quim!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Qt 5 Mobile Projects could have the same ad-hoc process to select candidates as they come with something cool. Similar to New Apps @ Nokia Store http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...45&postcount=5 but here it could be better based on the proposals and the proven experience of the candidate, in the form of apps created and Qt expertise.

All the proposals should aim to end up in applications running in the N9/N950 with Qt 5.

This program could be promoted at the Qt DevNet forum and the QtonPi mailing list as well, where a lot of bleeding edge Qt experience fan be found.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Awsome as usual !

just to make sure qt5 mobile projects are targeting harmattan and/or rpi or are there other devices planned ?

BTW are there n900 left ?
Qt 5 proposals need to target the N9 - that is why we are offering them. Raspberry Pi has already the QtonPi device program at Qt Project.

PS: I don't know about new N900s at Nokia.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Sounds cool. Who's doing the judging?
I will be doing the last calls for the Nokia Store and Qt 5 activities. (and I'm not involved in the Coding Contest and Community Awards)

Originally Posted by sifo View Post
so nothing for maemo 5 ??
Coding Contest and Community Awards?

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
can someone apply to more than one categories?
About Nokia Store and Qt 5 why not, although I can foresee only a exceptional situation for getting a device in both channels. No idea what Coding Contest and Community Awards will will decide to do.

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Just a correction, you probably meant http://apps.formeego.org

About the name - may be "Mobile Linux Community device program'12"? That would give some incentive for others to join the effort, and won't limit the scope to Harmattan only.
Yes, thank you for the correction.

Isn't "maemo.org Summer'12 Device program" open enough already?

It's up to the Coding Competition to decide the scope of their categories. The cscope of the Community Awards is obviously maemo.org. Nokia Store & Qt 5 = N9.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Well I'm no dev, but reading this made me smile all the same. Thanks Quim!

fwiw Community Awards were proposed to cover mostly community contributors beyond app developers, and that obviously includes non-developers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I agree with qgil here about the name - sadly, "Mobile Linux Community device program '12" would be interpret by most people as Android-including, beyond being incredibly long and hard to remember name.

"maemo.org Summer'12 device program" is good enough, as well as "maemo.org '12 device program" (although, summer sounds positive ).
---

As for Coding Competition, I *think* (= it's just a suggestion) that it would be great to recognize multi-platform programs, i.e. ones that are (and will) be developed constantly for both Maemo 5 and Harmattan, at least.

The more platform-independent code, the better - after start of COBS, it should be even much easier to target multiple platforms, so we should already promote good practices.
---

As for Community Awards, I'm perfectly sure, that it should be restricted to people who haven't get one already.

Overall, I don't see much benefit for Community, by giving/lending someone two N950, considering their limited number - but of course, it's up to be decided by appropriate bodies. Giving away N9 to someone who already got N950 (and deserve another recognition) doesn't introduce such dilemma, IMO.
---

Now, question to qgil - what will be formal status of devices (both N950's and N9's) in hands of receivers? Are they going to be "owned", or just "lend"? does it differ between 4 categories?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Now, question to qgil - what will be formal status of devices (both N950's and N9's) in hands of receivers? Are they going to be "owned", or just "lend"? does it differ between 4 categories?

EDIT: I don't know yet.

PS: please post your feedback about the Coding Competition at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83761

Last edited by qgil; 2012-05-18 at 21:04.