Active Topics

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You do know that you just basically described America, right?
Southern- or Northern-?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Samsung's focus should first and foremost be volume so that the platform can be built up and reach a respectable place in the market. Samsung probably doesn't sell Tizen products outside of certain regions due to market saturation in places like Western Europe, Anglosphere and the US, selling in those places would give them little sales and market share gains. Developing nations have the most market growth and the least saturation. Also in those places like the US Samsung sells mostly high end products, Tizen isn't ready for high end products yet due to its lack of maturity.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Southern- or Northern-?
Parts of both.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
A 3rd world country is a country low levels of Human and economic development. The United States has very high levels of Human and economic development, in fact it is higher than most parts of the world. 2nd world countries are in between the 1st and 3rd world extremes of Human development, former communist and Soviet nations fall under this category.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I find that extremely unlikely. If you look around everywhere, providers[1] always do whatever is convenient for them, not the consumers[2].

[1] For whatever definition of "provider", from the manufacturers of tangible goods like cars, phones or TVs to software producers to social services providers to entertainment producers to news providers to governments...

[2] Screw consumers.
I know. But it doesn't hurt to hope and dream from time to time. In my ideal world the manufacturer should concentrate only on the hardware and document it as much as possible and let the software to others (communities like for OpenELEC[*]). I know it's not possible in this world that's why I said my ideal world.

* I got to the conclusion that I almost always prefer to use open source software than closed one. First for the quality of the software and second by philosophy (even if I am not a coder and I can't understand a source code)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Whoo, that's news to me.
I have always referred the questionable places where human rights are not respected as "third world"

Mainly this means countries where you have death penalty, no gun control to speak of, no social benefits to people and generally are run by mob rule.
This really tickled me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You do know that you just basically described America, right?
Not my America!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Not my America!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
Guys... I was honestly joking. Just making that clear to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think we need to get this thread back on track. And I do so By announcing the proclamation of independence, simply by stating that all countries with an average screen size of the total populatio, smaller than 55 inch will be counted as third world countries in this thread and beyond.

A funny thing was that when I was visiting Dubai last time, one family had bought 9 Samsung TVs(all tizen) and was about to check in stupid world.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: