Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
Thanks DrYak. Yes, I bought the card at a big retailer in Germany. It has been working quite a while in my old Nokia N8 (filled almost completely with music)d
From my experience my N8 was in many cases the last device that has been able to read the content of cards which have been refused by my other devices ... it seems not to be picky at all ;-) maybe I should keep it as a rescue card reader ...

Last edited by elastic; 2017-10-14 at 11:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Ok, I googled a bit and installed PuTTY on Windows. I enabled develper mode and remote connection and I connected successfully as "nemo".

Entering "mount" brings a lot of stuff... Perhaps the last line could be interesting:
/dev/fuse on /opt/alien/storage/sdcard0 type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=100000,group_id= 100000,default_permissions,allow_other)

Entering "systemctl" brings again a lot of stuff. The expression "sd-mount@mmcblk1p1.service" is not in it, so I assume the service is not running.

Tomorrow I will figure out how to "mount something as root". Now I'm going to bed. Thanks for the help!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to almaviva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
So I did not want to judge too early but now I am sure this port has important issues for daily usage.
-Well i know there are some who does not want to use AD at all but come on, there is no proper native browser that i can trust 90% of the time. For me, lots of crashes happen with jolla browser and it is the key of the whole experience i think. The issue is not present with any other native app.
- Sim card settings (3g/4g setting etc.) is reset after reboot
- Again the native browser usually cannot connect after switching wifi/mobile internet on/off
- Email client is not usable. Going back to inbox takes like 5 seconds.
- Saved wifi or mobile connection is not used automatically, there is no setting for this either.
- I have not used the camera much.
- Vpn, gps are working
- No setting to change default apps are present

In short, the experience is way back than N9. If whatsapp was available I would not think a second to go back. As a regular user I think selling such unfinished software for such pprice will be just bad advertisement for jolla. So far I had not gotten a chance to use an official device and i was really considering not activating AD at all based on the comments here on TMO. But come on, it is what saves the day.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Just did some testing and not impressed. Definitely can't be used as my daily driver.
- Restore from backup does different bit of data with every restore. First time it did account and messages but not contacts, on second go it did messages but not accounts, on the third go it added accounts that I have removed 2 years ago.

- After phone is turned off and turned back on it looses any sim settings (only use single sim /4G settings)

- Contacts where playing up

So yeah it's not a daily driver phone yet for me.
I've posted the APN settings fix:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=93

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
I don't understand specific use-case gripes. If you rely on a feature that much, perhaps an experimental platform isn't for you, in general?

That said, this is the first release. It works. There are (admittedly minor) issues to iron out, and the community has posted many fixes (myself included) for these annoyances and issues, and it'll only improve. That's what the support schedule is for. Jolla knows if they don't make good on this one, that's going to pretty much sink the ship.

If there are issues, file bug reports. Ask the community. Contribute and improve.

For one? I'm perfectly happy with Sailfish X as my daily driver, simply because I wanted to be free of the Apple/Google duopoly and spying paradigm. I paid for it for the support schedule, and to help Jolla move forward because I appreciate what they do.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I wanted to be free of the Apple/Google duopoly and spying paradigm. I paid for it for the support schedule, and to help Jolla move forward because I appreciate what they do.
Believe it or not everybody here is here because of the same reason.
What I am disappointed is if this was gonna be a beta process, then why there was a strictly closed cbeta group? If Jolla would call this beta I would happily do whatever you said to improve the current situation. If they are doing a closed beta, and after sometime selling this product without mentioning/solving the problems a user will face during daily use, then I am sorry but Jolla does not deserve to be both paid and helped. We all want a strong company that properly communicates with its supporters but Jolla has not changed over the years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herdem09 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Believe it or not everybody here is here because of the same reason.
What I am disappointed is if this was gonna be a beta process, then why there was a strictly closed cbeta group? If Jolla would call this beta I would happily do whatever you said to improve the current situation. If they are doing a closed beta, and after sometime selling this product without mentioning/solving the problems a user will face during daily use, then I am sorry but Jolla does not deserve to be both paid and helped. We all want a strong company that properly communicates with its supporters but Jolla has not changed over the years.
This is the very first public release for a very new (to Sailfish) device. It has been three days. Provide feedback, and I'm certain it'll be addressed.

Most of your points of contention have already been addressed in community fixes.

Moreover, they mentioned that you might face problems, that some features aren't ready for prime time yet. They mention this in the blog post and the official sales start post.

What you paid for are the fees for the licensed software like Exchange support, XT9 and Alien dalvik, and you get a year of support on top of it.

As I said before, if you rely that heavily on a few very specific features, then maybe a community-driven alternative OS that's a few days old in public release just isn't for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys. changed my mind and bought this to try to help to speed up the refund process.

hope to see october refund this coming week.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys. changed my mind and bought this to try to help to speed up the refund process.

I always thought that behind refundman lies a big soul.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tvicol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Good for you Dave

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x