Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Since the original CSSU thread is getting too long and unwieldy, it is now almost impossible seperate the signal from the noise. I don't know why but the moderators also seem reluctant to start separate forum sections/threads for CSSU. So I am now starting a separate thread for various CSSU related topics, which are of interest to end-users.

NOTE: before posting, please read the FAQ and Check the bug list.

The email client (modest) have been updated in the CSSU. Now, portrait mode is working perfectly. But there are claims of the application crashing frequently.

Please document your experiences here so that we can try to duplicate this and file appropriate bugs. Please no posts of the format "MY EMAILZ NOT WORKZ Y??".

If you have the following bugs, please help the devs solve it by adding additional information, such as the configuration of accounts/refresh settings etc. to the appropriate bugs or add new bugs to the list:

Other Threads in this Series
The Autorotate Thread
The Email (modest) Thread
The Transitions Thread

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-18 at 10:05.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
My biggest issue with Modest, and I accept that my large mailboxes are a likely culprit, is that Modest will work for a few days then stop updating my inbox. If I delete the .modest/cache/mail/imap/my_account folder and restart Modest then it works for a few more days. I am accessing my mail via IMAP and have ~ 7000 messages in my Inbox.

My second and perhaps more annoying issue is that Modest lists all messages including messages deleted or moved by Thunderbird.

The third and perhaps most annoying issue is that I often find duplicate copies of messages listed in Thunderbird after using Modest.

i got a question

its new message? window different from "modest"

CTRL+ENTER used to cause the email being drafted to be sent. this no longer works.

when i accept a meeting request, it used to delete the meeting request from my inbox. now it just leaves it there.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
i got a question

its new message? window different from "modest"
The yellow "new message" window is different, yes (the same window being used for new SMS messages, etc).

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
My second and perhaps more annoying issue is that Modest lists all messages including messages deleted or moved by Thunderbird.
Thunderbird deletes only the messege from the message index, message body is still there in the mail folder. To get completely rid of deleted messages you have to "compact" the folder...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Post here what exactly happens, when the application crashes, etc.
Please don't. Please add additional information, such as the configuration of accounts/refresh settings etc. to the appropriate bugs:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
community ssu, email, modest