Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Or maybe Nokia should just release Nokia Maps for free on the N8x0, or help Navit or Maemo Mapper...

haha yea if only that would happen.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Somewhere along the line I think Nokia bought, then sold the company.
No, Nokia bought Navteq, not Navicore or Wayfinder. The thread here covering the news was "Nokia Aquires NAVTEQ".

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-04-07 at 12:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Ahhhh, the dangers of uberpropietary software services...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I think good customer service would make this right. Perhaps Nokia could provide a discount to customers (who bought this now discontinued product) on a Nokia Map product in the future.
i guarantee you that a "diso**** to customers" will not suffice!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
You can sue them for this. They provide you a license for 3 years and with certain services. If they don't deliver you can cancel your contract and/or purchase. You'll then get back the money you've paid for unacquired services. The service you've received you cannot get money back for but after all that wasn't your intention either.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
You can sue them for this. They provide you a license for 3 years and with certain services. If they don't deliver you can cancel your contract and/or purchase. You'll then get back the money you've paid for unacquired services. The service you've received you cannot get money back for but after all that wasn't your intention either.
i am well aware of that.. i AM a lawyer (retired) ... I do have friends who gladly take on a class action suit but I have hopes that Nokia /Wayfinder will make it "right" before the jackals are let loose..

Tags
gps, navicore, satnav, vodafone, wayfinder