Notices

Yeah, nothing, maybe is a CSSU thing?

glad you are enjoying Inner-spin... am about to annouce, was holding off while I sorted a couple of issues and promoted into extras-testing.... there were issues with the config file (file permissions and also idiotic Tony code) - these should be fixed as of the latest version uploaded today (just before I responded so can you confirm you are definitely running with the latest), also you could quickly try

chmod 666 /opt/inner-spin/settings/issettings.cfg

thanks

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by tpd View Post
glad you are enjoying Inner-spin... am about to annouce, was holding off while I sorted a couple of issues and promoted into extras-testing.... there were issues with the config file (file permissions and also idiotic Tony code) - these should be fixed as of the latest version uploaded today (just before I responded so can you confirm you are definitely running with the latest), also you could quickly try

chmod 666 /opt/inner-spin/settings/issettings.cfg

thanks
Your package is correct and his problem is not related to file permissions. He said before that all apps work, but when started from command line in terminal, and all python apps fail when they are launched via shortcut in apps menu. So don't worry about your game, it has nothing to do with problems described in this thread, he has a general python problem

to OP: try searching the nightmareously long CSSU thread for other reports of bugs with launching apps or python, it is probable that your problem is related to CSSU.

tpd, tryed what u said, and nothing, i will search latter for some solution on the cssu thread... also, i liked the new sounds, they are fun!

misiak, i think it is really some cssu problem, i hope someone can do these test? no one of you installed the cssu update? it is really awesome... btw, I didnt manage to run msaber from terminal, how is the procedure? didnt find the path, lol...

thank you all guys

Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
tpd, tryed what u said, and nothing, i will search latter for some solution on the cssu thread... also, i liked the new sounds, they are fun!

misiak, i think it is really some cssu problem, i hope someone can do these test? no one of you installed the cssu update? it is really awesome... btw, I didnt manage to run msaber from terminal, how is the procedure? didnt find the path, lol...

thank you all guys
I cannot help with cssu unfortunately As of msaber, it should work when you type justt "msaber" if not, it is in /usr/bin as far as I remember (I installed it just for a moment to check if I have the same problems as you, I removed it shortly afterwards), so "/usr/bin/msaber" should do the trick

OK! Finded something to analyse!!!

Tried to rum msaber from terminal and got this...

/home/user # /usr/bin/msaber
process 3315: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5757.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
process 3315: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5721.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
Aborted
/home/user #

anyone? canīt find any sollution here in the forum...
thanks

Last edited by amadeukaos; 2011-05-12 at 07:12.

bump? sorry

ok, msaber worked via terminal, I should not run sudo root to run it... but anyway, none of these programs runs via icon desktop yet =\

well If you just want a quick solution , you can have the icon actually run the application in terminal..

ex. for paper toss

edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/papertoss.desktop

change the line that starts with Exec=python /opt/papertoss/game.py
to Exec=osso-xterm python\ /opt/papertoss/game.py

note that after writing python DONOT leave a space then \ then leave a space then /opt/papertoss/game.py

the same can be applied to other applications , just find the .desktop file for that application in /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and edit it

Last edited by ivyking; 2011-05-16 at 18:01. Reason: no space should be left between python and \

The Following User Says Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
well If you just want a quick solution , you can have the icon actually run the application in terminal..

ex. for paper toss

edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/papertoss.desktop

change the line that starts with Exec=python /opt/papertoss/game.py
to Exec=osso-xterm python \ /opt/papertoss/game.py

note that after writing python leave a space then \ then space then /opt/papertoss/game.py

the same can be applied to other applications , just find the .desktop file for that application in /usr/share/applications/hildon/ and edit it
Nice hack :P But it doesn't really solve his problem, it's just workaround...