Notices

RDillus: That's a very misleading claim. Yes, you need an extra performance for emulation of an operating system on top of another OS. But figure "5 times stronger machine" is absurd - it might be few percent stronger, or many more times, depends on the both OS's, processor, etc. Secondly, "emulator" might be just wrapped API, by which I mean if you have a function call for some Symbian function, on Maemo it would just call some function, which would be internally different, but would behave in the same way as on Symbian. That way, you wouldn't need nearly any performance extra, because you are still running only one OS. This is, as far as I know, how Wine works...

It would be amazing to see One run on the N900. It's amazing that Digital Legends could pull this off with software rendering on 369mhz cpus.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Wow, that's really cool. As a fan of fighting games I have to find a way how to play that. Maybe I'll create the API I mentioned after all.

But on a serious note now: Since the platform is discontinued by Nokia anyway, I was wondering if we could get Nokia to release the API specification. That way we could possibly make at least partially compatible framework for N900. Is there anybody on this forum in contact with Nokia?

Last edited by deadline; 2011-02-05 at 02:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to deadline For This Useful Post:
The N-Gage API is in fact an extension of the RGA API available in the Open C++ plug-in

The Following User Says Thank You to RazvanG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Reset Generation is one of the best multiplayer games ever, on par with legends like chu chu rocket, i still play it sometimes(althou i havent for a while now)

damn it, just tried the reset generation website but it doesnt work anymore...and i was looking forward to playing it again

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2011-12-21 at 09:48.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
Reset Generation is one of the best multiplayer games ever, on par with legends like chu chu rocket, i still play it sometimes(althou i havent for a while now)

damn it, just tried the reset generation website but it doesnt work anymore...and i was looking forward to playing it again
Here you go:
Reset Generation website

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
unfortunately that doesnt work, probably because its a multiplayer game and there aro server backing it...

here's a start into reading all about the API

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...duction_to_RGA