Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by meer_alyy14 View Post
Arrrrrggghhhhhh.....by mistake i deleted the usr/sbin folder.....what should i do now......helpppp plssssss.......
Hmm... This is silly! I could send you my /usr/sbin folder but not sure if it will do much

I doubt but I'll package it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Hmm... This is silly! I could send you my /usr/sbin folder but not sure if it will do much

I doubt but I'll package it now.
Yours may be different than his because of installed packages and what-not..

It's better in this case just to reflash.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Yours may be different than his because of installed packages and what-not..

It's better in this case just to reflash.
yeah but worth to give it a try though what if it works then it saved him from reflashing. Mine hardly got anything installed lol

Here you my sbin folder.
Put it into /usr/
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b306bgd/n/sbin.zip
thanks alooot for u r tym....can u plzzzz e mail me this file...dunno y it is not downloading.....plzzz u r hard work will be appreciated.....

Here you my sbin folder.
Put it into /usr/
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b306bgd/n/sbin.zip
my e-mail address meer_cool13@hotmail.com

Thanks Maxximuscool for bringing this to our attention. Downloaded the unzipped fmtxd file straight to my N900 from Jacekowski's website then renamed the old file and copied and pasted the updated one into the relevant directory using the excellent new FileBox file manager with root access from CepiPerez. No need to mess around with downloading to a PC, unzipping and transferring that way.

No stations transmitting around here anywhere near 87.5Mhz, so no more fiddling about changing frequencies every few miles on longer trips. Looks like I can finally put that ancient 3.5mm to cassette adaptor to rest in my other car now too, so less wires dangling around on the dashboard.

You've made me very happy indeed with this mod!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
It looks like working OK, showing up 76.0 and starts correctly. But It doesn't stop transmitting? It shows the "Unable to use.." error message when I try to deactive it. But It deactivates if I do it with FMTX Widget. Weird. Do you have an idea why?

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
It looks like working OK, showing up 76.0 and starts correctly. But It doesn't stop transmitting? It shows the "Unable to use.." error message when I try to deactive it. But It deactivates if I do it with FMTX Widget. Weird. Do you have an idea why?
Exact same thing happens to me. "Unable to use..." only pops up when disabling FM Transmitter through the menu.

Using the widget to disable the FM Transmitter shows no error though.

What can i use to edit this file?

I've tried a text/html editor and a hex editor, neither work.

I want to change it to 108.0 max freq.

My radio goes to 108.0 max, with nothing on 108.0, but using 107.9 i can hear a faint signal of some radio station (before i turn on my FMTX).

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm