Notices

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Hmm. This isn't as straightforward as I thought. It's been 30 minutes and I'm finding that the Hello World tutorial built into Qt Creator is itself broken.

Almost immediately I encountered an issue: I'm not able to access the Design window due to a missing dependency:
Code:
import com.nokia.meego 1.0
That's quite frustrating, because I was looking forward to following a couple of tutorials and then just start placing objects and writing logic.

I did find a thread on forums.meego.com which discusses the issue described above, with a useful link from ossipena. I'm fine with writing objects in config (rather than an IDE) once I know what I'm doing with the language, but for getting started it would be a real boost to productivity if I could just draw some stuff and see auto-generated Qml come out of the back.

Spent a long time googling to try to fix this and dropped by one or two IRC channels, where people were polite but didn't have specific information to help me (not a complaint, just a report of how it went).

I think I'll leave this until next week when channels might be better-populated. I am still interested though. I've also started looking at PSN API stuff, but it's starting to look a little harder then I'd hoped. Stil think I can do it though.

Need to get enough Qt together to put together something which can authenticate with PSN, perhaps using psnapi.org's stuff.

Once that's in place, depending how easy it is to get data from the API into Qt (far from impossible I hope) it shouldn't be too hard to start getting stuff like my trophies, my friends, my friend's trophies... we'll see.

...and this all depends on how busy I am at work. Some days I can't come home and look at a computer any more

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Almost immediately I encountered an issue: I'm not able to access the Design window due to a missing dependency:
Try using the Qt Simulator target or Harmattan target directly (i.e. Simulator if you want to test on your Desktop, Harmattan to directly deploy to a device). The com.nokia.meego import is for the Qt Quick Components, and this isn't (yet?) available in the Desktop Qt target.

For specific questions, it's probably better to open a new thread over at Qt DevNet or the MeeGo Forums (or even Nokia Developer) instead of reusing existing threads.

As for the PSN app, you should be able to reuse the backend code of my app and just put a QML UI on top of it

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Anyone interested in taking this project up for the N9 ?

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I asked so many times for this too

I wonder why is Sony not realising the official one for us!