Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
We hopefully will get QT4.7.1 and QTMobility1.1 when nokia release the big QTupgrade of N8/C7 around februari/mars just my guess...

I do not expect any other improvements.. Infact I dont care as long they upgrade QT atleast..

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2010-12-31 at 13:51.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Can the community create and release a PR 1.4 to Extras dev? Think I will start working on it.

What should we include?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Can the community create and release a PR 1.4 to Extras dev? Think I will start working on it.

What should we include?
I want QtMobility 1.1 it is in extras-devel but I dont have a clue how the hell I make scratchbox/qtcreator compile with that version instead of old 1.0.2 version :-( I guess we need nokias support there :-(

Reason is cause I want to test the new camera and service framework implemented in 1.1.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
front camera is useless as well as there is no 3g call..
Well, I wouldn't say that! Skype video call doesn't work without the front cam! I use it often as my GF works abroad alot (No, not for that) I would say the front camera is extremely useful.

Dan

it would just be nice to be able to use the front camera like many other phones allow, and am sure there probably is a way and I haven't found it yet

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
you can expect a new firmware when china stops making those cheap funstations..

or when all the chinese ppl go thorugh the penis enlargment therapy..

either of those 2

Last edited by fahadj2003; 2010-12-31 at 16:29.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I want QtMobility 1.1 it is in extras-devel but I dont have a clue how the hell I make scratchbox/qtcreator compile with that version instead of old 1.0.2 version :-( I guess we need nokias support there :-(

Reason is cause I want to test the new camera and service framework implemented in 1.1.
scratchbox is quite simple, enable extras-devel if you haven't already in your /etc/apt/sources.list bring in qt and qtm experimental packages, then in your .pro files, instead of "CONFIG += mobility" add "CONFIG += mobility11", then profit.

Adding to Madde for Qt Creator is a bit more difficult as you have to manually install all the packages using mad-admin xdpkg -i (I've not tested this so it may even break things) then you'll need to add a new target in your Qt Creator Qt settings using the new qmake for those development libraries (I think).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
31st of Feburary 2011
cant wait

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
isn't it possible to build custom firmware for this phone.?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
How to know when PR1.4 is coming???

Tags
gaythread, jump the shark, just shoot me, what are u on?, __ffs!_