Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hey guys,

I've dropped my phone today, and I got two little scratches on the screen.. Now they're not too bad.. But since I love this device way too much I want to try to fix it..

I was wondering what do you guys suggest for repairing the tiny scratches on the screen?

I've searched the web and came across this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...86&postcount=1

But I just want to make sure if that would work..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Looks credible to me, i scratched my device too, i might try it too

of course, it will remove the oleophobic coating...
I am curious if such a material that would fill the scratch rather than removing the adjiacent glass material exists.
this would be a much better option imho.

The Following User Says Thank You to taviman For This Useful Post:
Polishing pastes makes me laugh. Super high quality mass produced polishing paste can be purchased in any store. It's called tooth paste. In fact it is the best quality paste you can find.

Basically what any polishing paste does is to grind down with microscopic particles. The particles in tooth paste ar made just hard enough to remove plaque and miscoloring, and just soft enough not to have any effect on the tooth itself. They are microscopic and mono size, which you cannot expect from any other arbitrary paste. And there are no corroding agents of any kind.

Excellent for polishing stones and glass and metal, anything that is softer than tooth material. Does not work on diamonds

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Nokia CP-571

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Rockenroller View Post
Nokia CP-571
...made my phone look like a travel radio.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Polishing pastes makes me laugh. Super high quality mass produced polishing paste can be purchased in any store. It's called tooth paste. In fact it is the best quality paste you can find.

Basically what any polishing paste does is to grind down with microscopic particles. The particles in tooth paste ar made just hard enough to remove plaque and miscoloring, and just soft enough not to have any effect on the tooth itself. They are microscopic and mono size, which you cannot expect from any other arbitrary paste. And there are no corroding agents of any kind.

Excellent for polishing stones and glass and metal, anything that is softer than tooth material. Does not work on diamonds
do you have any reference data for this?
I would be very worried to test such theory straight on my phone.

you make quite strong statements. In your opinion, the whole industry should quit the professional grade abrasive paste and switch to toothpaste, isn't it?