Have a look at this folks:
https://igg.me/at/unaphone

https://unaos.com/

Interesting concept.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Have a look at this folks:
https://igg.me/at/unaphone

https://unaos.com/

Interesting concept.
Im raising My scam flag. They get all the funds no matter what.

Jolla couldnt even build and deliver tablets with 2,5 millions and a head start. No way 200k Will help.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-04-29 at 18:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jolla couldnt even build and deliver tablets with 2,5 millions and a head start. No way 200k Will help.
Jolla, on the other hand, was a company trying to create an entirely new OS (as well as an entirely new revenue system), and only started the tablet as an afterthought (and at a point where the company's finances were already looking iffy).

Unaos appears to be offering Yet Another Android flavor on Yet Another Android-based Phone (a phone built by LG in this case). I can't imagine this being anywhere near as hard to pull off as what Jolla was doing...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Jolla, on the other hand, was a company trying to create an entirely new OS (as well as an entirely new revenue system), and only started the tablet as an afterthought (and at a point where the company's finances were already looking iffy).

Unaos appears to be offering Yet Another Android flavor on Yet Another Android-based Phone (a phone built by LG in this case). I can't imagine this being anywhere near as hard to pull off as what Jolla was doing...
Lets say it 10 Times easier. They still not have 10% of jollas money

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
secure, private, boooooooooring.........

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
secure, private, boooooooooring.........
You can say the same about any buzzword. The boring buzzwords on this forum seem to be 'free' and 'open'.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lets say it 10 Times easier. They still not have 10% of jollas money
Software: 10 times easier, 10 times faster = less people to hire for a shorter time.
Hardware: have hardware supplier with many devices ( could use common parts)= no risk , 20% cheaper, less people to hire

But anyway you need to have a very good team which is satisfied with this money. More money will definitively rise the probability of success and the quality of the product.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Interesting concept.
Maybe some Android lovers go for it. Me not.
But in general it is the right direction. I wish them success with there product.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Oh boy, another Android device! How novel!

Do people still believe that a "secure" and "privacy-aware" Android version really is what will protect them, regardless the sh*t you install on it? Or that encryption is all you need to keep your privacy?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
all phones are hackable over the sim card all forget this!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Oh boy, another Android device! How novel!

Do people still believe that a "secure" and "privacy-aware" Android version really is what will protect them, regardless the sh*t you install on it? Or that encryption is all you need to keep your privacy?
Did you read their website?

You can not install a damn thing on this phone. There is a bunch of checked and preinstalled apps so nothing can tackle the phone security.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL ADDITIONAL APPS:

On the UnaPhone Zenith there won't be any possibility for new apps since the whole phone will be completely locked, in order to prevent installations that may weaken the OS and threaten privacy and security. We may release a more opened version for advanced users, where it will be possible to install/uninstall apps, and in that case new apps shall be downloaded through a built-in app store. But we may as well not make such a version, it will depend on how people react to our concept and whether there's demand for an opened UnaPhone or not. That said, business users can request a customized version of the OS with preinstalled apps of their choice. Of course we will thoroughly check the applications provided to ensure they fit our privacy and security standards, and inform the users shall we come across anything that doesn't.
The storage is encrypted by default, making data recovery impossible, and the bootloader is locked in order to prevent flashing a new ROM and bypassing the encryption. Customized secure boot, verifies the operating systems and the installed software before the loading, and an integrity check process which is triggered on boot, verifies any bootloader violations. Any attempt to tamper the device will make the device unusable, and basically it will become a useless brick. The UnaPhone Zenith also offers a fingerprint scanner allowing the user to not only unlock the phone, but also to lock securely encrypted files and apps so that they are not only encrypted but locked too. There is even an additional layer of security. The Secure Wipe function. If the user enables it, and the lockscreen pin, password or pattern are entered incorrectly for more than 5 times, the device automatically wipe all the data and return to the default (empty) state, making any data unavailable, even if the device rest encrypted. Second, you mentioned our competitors? No need to name them but look at those companies promising privacy on phones that have the Google apps built-in and pre-set to use Google's DNS, just to name a few of their broken promises, they are like a guy that sells inflatable rubber canoes and swears to his customers that they won't get wet when they paddle. So what sets us apart from them? The fact that our phone is truly private, no Google apps, no Google DNS, no unwanted connections to funny IP’s, no apps calling home, and more importantly, no lies...
That is why I have posted it in the firs place - they offer something different than other android based "secure" phones.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post: