Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Is it possible to sort the contacts by last name?

Stupid sygic routing algorithm.

Going from Swindon to Guildford - by creating a specific route, via Newbury and M3 Junction 4.

Sygic does NOT allow you to take the exit at junction 4 - it just does not seem to recognise that there is a junction there!!!!

Google maps does this perfectly fine!

My previous GPS app was route66. A fantastic application, with very very clear instructions.

Perhaps you should see how Route66 works Sygic, then you can learn something from them.

rather than saying turn left randomly you need to say, in 500 yards or 1 mile etc.

WTF is it with 'go straight over the roundabout' - that gets seriously annoying, we only need to know the exit we need to take and a nice map shown.

Oh and the backlight goes off in Sygic - even though I've asked it to stay on!!! Very annoying!

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2011-01-14 at 09:05.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Stupid sygic routing algorithm.

Going from Swindon to Guildford - by creating a specific route, via Newbury and M3 Junction 4.

Sygic does NOT allow you to take the exit at junction 4 - it just does not seem to recognise that there is a junction there!!!!

Google maps does this perfectly fine!

My previous GPS app was route66. A fantastic application, with very very clear instructions.

Perhaps you should see how Route66 works Sygic, then you can learn something from them.

rather than saying turn left randomly you need to say, in 500 yards or 1 mile etc.

WTF is it with 'go straight over the roundabout' - that gets seriously annoying, we only need to know the exit we need to take and a nice map shown.

Oh and the backlight goes off in Sygic - even though I've asked it to stay on!!! Very annoying!
Might be useful if you email Sygic about this. They could then fix these bugs.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh

Change voice to the English guy. He says distance to turn.

It does work perfectly for me.

why can't we navigate by our finger through the map like OVI maps ?when i touch sygic screen it opens the options, so if i wanna see the name of the streets surrounding or whats ahead of me i have to keep pressing ( - )

Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Change voice to the English guy. He says distance to turn.

It does work perfectly for me.
english guy talks too fast, like hes the one in a rush.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have sygic MM10 installed, but have not used for a couple of weeks. Today it is just reporting "No GPS Signal" Ovi Maps is tacking the GPS fine, and reporting a decent strength.

I have stopped and restarted MM10 a couple of times, and the phone was only rebooted yesterday.

Any ideas anyone?

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

I've had a number of occasions now when Sygic stops updating the moving map, but continues to give voice guidance. For example, it might tell me to take a particular turn from a roundabout, but keeps on showing me the same straight road. The GPS is obviously still working, as the app knows that I'm approaching a roundabout, and the small graphic of the roundabout appears in the corner.

Quitting and restarting Sygic Maps restores normal operation, but the problem has happened more than once in a 2 hour journey, and on multiple occasions.

Oh, and the speed display doesn't get updated either when this problem occurs (I noticed this when trying to stick to the speed limit in an area with average speed cameras).
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Last edited by fnordianslip; 2011-01-18 at 20:08. Reason: Needed more whitespace

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
while opened up Sygic in full screen, Ctrl + backspace, you cannot use text messaage input box until you click on the contact icon or close the message. This is an annoying bug with the latest Sygic.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
speed camera sounds not works :\
i edit sitting to make it work ( when i press show map i see the cameras but in the roud not )
the beep for the cameras not work why ?