Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Ever been out and about with your Diablo-based device in your pocket and thought;

"Darn, wish I could get on the internet right now to check the bus schedule site, airline information site, etc, etc"?

If all you need is one or two web pages you can simply save those as files through microB - but what if you need/want access to an entire site with all the underlying links, etc when you are away from wifi connection?

Solution: Webhttrack

And you can download entire sites (including it's functionality, images, links, etc) - to use on your NIT wherever you go.

It's even easy to 'refresh it' to catch any changes that have happened since the last time you downloaded it.

How To:

1) Install the application: Link

2) This places two items in your Extras folder. One to 'capture' websites - and one to display them.

3) Use the 'Capture' application (Named: "WebHTTrack Website Copier" and follow the very easy to use wizard that takes you through step by step how to capture your site(s). It can be customized very well as well so that you more accurately capture what you are interested in by using a number of filters before you initiate the download. All pretty easy.

4) Launch the off-line browser app (Named: "Browse Mirrored Websites" and - voila - there's the site, looking and working as if you were online.

If you need to refresh it you can use the download tool later to update any links that have changed since you downloaded them.

Brilliant little app and one I am thrilled I found - and maybe someone else here can find some use for it as well if they didn't know about it.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
your link seems to be correct but the page doesn't open for me.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Should work, it's just http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/webhttrack/
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
The link is correct, the problem is with the site. Look at this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:
silvermountain: Thanks for your review. I have not been able to download WebHTTrack v3.41.23-2. Same results with both of my N810s on 3 different IP/wifi access points, yesterday and today.

Error message: Unable to download webttrack. Application package not found.

I tried other applications on maemo site and all downloaded with no problems.

Does it work if you instead of going through the link go straight to the Application Manager and download it from there (requires the Extras repo to be available)?

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I also tried to install via the Application Manager several times with no sucess.

Just now, I deleted and reinstalled the maemo Extras repo and was able to install WebHTTrack! Thanks again :-) All is working!

Originally Posted by crazyriver View Post
I also tried to install via the Application Manager several times with no sucess.

Just now, I deleted and reinstalled the maemo Extras repo and was able to install WebHTTrack! Thanks again :-) All is working!
Great!

Let me know if any questions about the WebHttrack, I've downloaded two sites now (my local public transport site with all bus and train info - and a local 'events' site for weekend stuff that I refresh weekly) - and they work great offline I haven't gotten very advanced in how to use the whole filtering though.

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-11 at 16:03.