Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Even more in Spanish

http://www.wordmagicsoft.com/dictionary/es-en/lumia.php
Well spanish has has only the second highest number of native speakers of all the languages. At least it doesn't mean Mao loves young boys in chinese.

That also explains why that Microsoft executive said that MS expects Lumia to be really popular amongst female users. I can see 200 million or so spanish speaking females rushing to buy a phone with that name.

The Nokia Lumia will introduce the era of Nokia being MSFT's *****, therefore the name is appropriate.

To be fair, there seem to be 50 synonyms for whore in spanish...

Last edited by Rugoz; 2011-10-26 at 20:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Let's see if the N9 sells more than the
Lumina 710 & 800 crap.
It isn't a fair comparison. Lumia is available in many more countries than N9 and and being churned out faster than N9. But in terms of profits I don't think N9 will do too badly as Nokia is probably making more from an N9 than a Lumia. I don't see consumers taking to Nokia's WP7 phones in large numbers as there is really nothing to make them stand out from other WP7 phones by HTC, Samsung or LG. Having no front facing camera and only 16GB with no micro-SD slots are negatives. Then there's the UI of WP7 which is really very ugly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
well n9 is better device that lumia phones, onnly thing preventing selling more its nokia itself.

we can proudly say n9 its nokia best until next year.

I don't think Nokia will succeed with windows. I don't think Stephen Elop thinks it will succeed.
WP has too much flaws in the system. Screen resolution fixed at 800x480 when all other phones are above and some have more than doubled the pixel count compared to 800x480.

Windows may have a chance when windows 8 is out in mobiles

WP7 has many Apple-like restrictions like opaque file system, no Bluetooth file transfer, tied to Zune for file transfer and no micro-SD card slot. Users willing to put up with these restrictions probably figure they may as well go for iphone with its huge appstore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
WP7 has many Apple-like restrictions like opaque file system, no Bluetooth file transfer, tied to Zune for file transfer and no micro-SD card slot. Users willing to put up with these restrictions probably figure they may as well go for iphone with its huge appstore.
As well as their superior customer service, etc, etc.

If Microsoft thinks they're going to beat Apple by trying to be Apple, they better step up their game on the retail, services, and customer service areas.

People swear like Apple just came out with the iPhone and everyone just was like, "well, I never heard of Apple, but I want this iPhone". No Apple built their reputation and their customer base for years, through their iPod, iTunes, Mac lines, and Apple Stores.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post:
Apple has an iconic image and almost cult-like following. But Microsoft's image is negative. Nobody wants Microsoft to dominate mobile phone os like it dominates PC os.

i would not want to feel like i am working in office on my mobile phone,

btw, tile and metro are just an eyesore

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
When I read your post I could not believe it:
WP7 has no BT file transfer?

Then I read this:
http://windowsphone7community.uservo...-file-transfer

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone...-but-not-much/
and others.

It's true, that's not included in WP7!

Bluetooth with WP7 seems to be a nightmare:
"WP7 suffering from bluetooth woes"
http://www.neowin.net/news/wp7-suffe...bluetooth-woes

Did not read anything, that they fixed this.

The Following User Says Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post: