Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Had Ideal kernel from yesterday and removed phone from charge at 7am. At 12pm battery graph looked strange and changed kernel to uvl. And here is the result. At 18 changed to 3G and used rDesktop for about 15 minutes and then back to 2G.

I have always online exchange sync from 8am to 8pm and had a couple of phoncalls also after and before 12pm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
maemo22 was just uploaded to extras-devel (it may be available in 20mins).
Thanks a lot for this titan.

However, I also need to mount luks volumes, can you add the following to the kernel config, to enable this:

* Crypto:
CRYPTO_SEQIV=y
CRYPTO_SHA256=y
CRYPTO_SHA512=y
CRYPTO_TWOFISH=y
* Device mapper:
MD=y
BLK_DEV_DM=y
DM_CRYPT=y

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to gianni_mar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Dont now why but i think this questions maybe be interesting to some of you:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...088#post609088

*Widget\Shortcut to run X-Terminal commands*

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
I think the OC/LV work is pretty much finished.
If there are no major showstoppers I'm going to promote maemo22 to testing and hope for your votes.
Do you have a patch (diff) for OC/LV changes only?
Because package source of maemo22 has huge changes unrelated with it.

(I work on some kernel changes but in testing I am limited by stock kernel module set and can't apply all changes).

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
please let me know whether the upgrade worked fine
or whether you had problems. I'm waiting for your feedback before I promote it to testing.
I had problem to update to maemo22 kernel. Installation suddenly stopped (permanently) and after reboot it entered never ending boot loop. Re-flashing of image + fresh backup saved me

I was using ideal kernel at max 850MHz. Can't really tell anything more (no traces left). I'll try maemo22 once again with fresh installation. Lets see what happens.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
I had problem to update to maemo22 kernel. Installation suddenly stopped (permanently) and after reboot it entered never ending boot loop. Re-flashing of image + fresh backup saved me

I was using ideal kernel at max 850MHz. Can't really tell anything more (no traces left). I'll try maemo22 once again with fresh installation. Lets see what happens.
I wouldn't have mentioned it, but this happened to me also. (I wasn't using the ideal kernel, but the uxv or whatever it's called kernel.)

Fresh installation did fix it for me -- I'm glad I had backed up everything.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
at first, a big thanks to titan and letho for their great work. I'm running titans latest maemo22 kernel at the "ideal" voltages with 500-900, and I have to say it really is a big difference to the stock clocks! Also all seems stable so it looks like I might have gotten a "good" chip.

A few pages back there was the idea of a "reboot-loop prevention" by checking the time of last reboot and not applying the overclocking if the last reboot was shortly before the current one. I have adjusted the upstart script posted earlier to do just that. It will not apply the overclocking if the last reboot was less then 5 minutes before the current one. With this script there is no need to modify /etc/pmconfig (actually it would defeat the purpose of the check).

The script will apply the setting as they were in the ideal xlv kernel as posted earlier by titan. Feel free to adjust them.
Also YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE VALUES AND THEIR SAFETY. IF THIS BREAKS YOUR DEVICE I CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.

So here is the script:
Code:
start on started dsme
stop on starting shutdown
service
console none
script
	TDIFF=$(expr $(date +%s) - $(stat -t /etc/lastreboot |awk '{print $14}'))
	if [ $TDIFF -gt 300 ]
	then
		touch /etc/lastreboot
		echo 75 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
		echo 150000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
		echo "30 30 30 30 33 38 45 45 48 48 54 54 60 72 72" > /sys/power/vdd1_opps_vsel
        	echo 500000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
		echo 850000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
		modprobe bq27x00_battery
		exit 0
	else
		exit 1
	fi
end script
save this to /etc/event.d/overclock and reboot (or run "start overclock" as root to apply the values without rebooting)

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Last edited by seiichiro0185; 2010-04-13 at 20:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Now everything is OK again and N900 running on maemo22 kernel with following voltage settings
Code:
echo "30 20 25 30 33 38 45 45 48 48 54 54 60 67 72" > /sys/power/vdd1_opps_vsel
Code:
scaling_max_freq 850000
scaling_min_freq 250000
Let see how long battery will last. I have high hopes

BTW: Is there still the same feature that after call 125MHz will be set to 250MHz? At least that happened to me

Last edited by Gusse; 2010-04-13 at 20:18. Reason: BTW...

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
everything except for twofish, sequiv is already enabled. maybe that's already sufficient for your purposes? I could enable the other two in the next upload, however,
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
Thanks a lot for this titan.
However, I also need to mount luks volumes, can you add the following to the kernel config, to enable this:
* Crypto:
CRYPTO_SEQIV=y
CRYPTO_SHA256=y
CRYPTO_SHA512=y
CRYPTO_TWOFISH=y
* Device mapper:
MD=y
BLK_DEV_DM=y
DM_CRYPT=y

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom