Active Topics

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
I'm in the process of moving away from the N900 now to the Samsung Galaxy S 2.

Does anyone have any new information on how android integrates IM? I note that the SG2 has an IM application.

I'm getting the phone delivered tomorrow, getting excited!
Why don't you ask this question on an Android Forum...
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

That is unfortunately, especially in light of MS announcement today that the Mango release of Windows Phone will integrate IM and Email into the Threaded messaging.

Even maemo was lacking the email integration in that regard, however, I will surely miss the ease of IM on my trusty N900!

Perhaps ice cream sandwich will incorporate deeper integration.

I am intrigued by the N9/N950 handset but it's going to be a filler product and just won't have the support that Android or even Windows Phone is enjoying.

Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
doesn't it make you sad how everybody else thinks they're phone's are so much better?

*sigh

if only the n900 wasn't so chubby, he'd get all the girls for sure..

he's such an amazing guy when you get to know him

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Why don't you ask this question on an Android Forum...
Well, it in the General Category (I suppose it could be off-topic instead). There are people here who (gasp) use android devices in addition to the N900. If you're looking for comparisons (which was part of the original question) you're better off asking here as opposed to an android forum where far fewer people are likely to have experience with an N900.

Why don't you choose to ignore the thread instead of posting worthless comments?

Anyway, I don't think there is much new to speak of. Android still seems very much fragmented versus the N900. Which isn't to say that you can't have a couple of apps running instead of multiple services. I don't use much, but it works well enough for me.

lol, this forum is getting touchier by the day! I've had my N900 for 17 months, which is longer than I've had any phone ever! I've been on this forum since and it's become a hostile place as people are confused if they should risk waiting for a device from Nokia or jump ship.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Well, it in the General Category (I suppose it could be off-topic instead). There are people here who (gasp) use android devices in addition to the N900. If you're looking for comparisons (which was part of the original question) you're better off asking here as opposed to an android forum where far fewer people are likely to have experience with an N900.

Why don't you choose to ignore the thread instead of posting worthless comments?

Anyway, I don't think there is much new to speak of. Android still seems very much fragmented versus the N900. Which isn't to say that you can't have a couple of apps running instead of multiple services. I don't use much, but it works well enough for me.

Thanks Lemmy, that's exactly my experience of Android forums. I've also had trouble getting hold of a phone to play with for long enough to really figure out how android works.

I have the long weekend coming up to get up to speed.

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
liveprofile is coming soon to symbian and meego
http://www.liveprofile.com/

Tags
quitter