Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Just to make interesting conversation...

I actually use the nexus 7 as a large SIP phone for making infrequent phone calls. I too only use the phone rarely, so it makes little sense for me to buy a dedicated device. When I take a call, I have to flip the device so that the rear speaker is at my ear. The volume for the device is already set to low levels for phone calls, as it would be on a handset. The only trouble is that I have to be careful not to touch the screen for unwanted input. The setup works well in my home, and when around WiFi.

It would have been ideal to have a dedicated speaker like the galaxy tab 7.7, but honestly, I do not miss it much thanks to this setup.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Lol are this Russian device with Duel screens
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/12/y...en-smartphone/

I want quad screens... Duel screens might be 2013 . Very handy if one is broken, you can ould just continue

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lol are this Russian device with Duel screens
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/12/y...en-smartphone/

I want quad screens... Duel screens might be 2013 . Very handy if one is broken, you can ould just continue
Wow, that looks pretty cool. Especially for notifications it can save a lot of battery. You could also just put a nice design on the back though you may have to rfresh it every now and then. Especially if t's sunny.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Wow, that looks pretty cool. Especially for notifications it can save a lot of battery. You could also just put a nice design on the back though you may have to rfresh it every now and then. Especially if t's sunny.
I also really like the idea of Pixel Qi that has a reflective LCD display and the ability to turn off the backlight entirely saving a claimed "100-fold" power savings over traditional displays. I do wonder about the screen characteristics though as this seems almost too good to be true.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Android: "I challenge you to a DUAL!"
WP8: "Don't you mean a duel?"
Android: [shows the dual-screen device] "NOPE! I meant a DUAL!" *BAM!*

Turning a misspelling into an advantage!

Also, thought you might like this:
http://www.zdnet.com/windows-has-fal...id-7000008699/

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Continuing the trend about severe advancements in Android...

http://androidheadlines.com/2012/12/...l-android.html

FTA:
"Linux 3.7 kernel has been completed, and it looks like it’s finally going to include support for all ARM chips, as well as support for the 64-bit ARMv8 architecture, that’s supposed to ship in 2014 with the Cortex A57 and Cortex A53 chips. This should have significant benefits not just for Linux on ARM but for Android as well."

So much for all these people that said Android was ruining Linux or forking it in horrible ways. Near as I can tell, once again everybody's benefiting from Android... even if you don't use it!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So much for all these people that said Android was ruining Linux or forking it in horrible ways.
2011 called to remind danramos that 2012 is almost over.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
For those who like me bought the Sygic GPS navigator for Maemo, just be aware that it is possible to transfer their license to an Android device. I sent a message to their support and they replied in less than a day with a new product code.
@debranaridis
I just tried to transfer my Sygic GPS license so I could use it on my Galaxy Note and the best they can offer is a 25 % discount. I quoted your post to them. Below is their reply. Perhaps you had a multiplatform version? Anybody else have more luck than me?

Lukas (Sygic Support)

Dec 14 15:32 (CET)

Hello mscion,

That post must have been incorrect (or the user purchased a box edition of Mobile Maps which was multi platform), because unfortunately it indeed isn't possible to transfer a Maemo-only license to a different platform.

However, if you'd like to, I'll be able to offer you the 25% discount code.

Best regards,

Lukas
Sygic Customer Support

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I did it as well. (running it on my note now)

But we could have different areas/packages. I paid 59 or 49 Eur back in the day.

Could it have been some kind of campaign? You might only bought for a small area or country. Could that be the reason?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-14 at 15:34.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I did it as well. (running it on my note now)

But we could have different areas/packages. I paid 59 or 49 Eur back in the day.

Could it have been some kind of campaign? You might only bought for a small area or country. Could that be the reason?
Glad your license transfer worked out. I paid 49.99 in Eur a couple of years back. I'm the the US. Don't know if that makes a difference.
As much as I like it I won't pay for it again...

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy