Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Gaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need an image that sums up my profound exasperation, marxian?

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yup. That about does it. TY, oddly I feel a tad bit better now.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Do we know how many people at Nokia are still working for the N9?

I think Jalyst mentionned somewere that the staff was reduced recently by 70%
That number could be about right and is further decreasing with people leaving Nokia or going to Meltemi. N9 is transferred to maintenance state. Nokia's former research center in Helsinki, where Maemo was born, is being closed by the end of this month. End of an era.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
That number could be about right and is further decreasing with people leaving Nokia or going to Meltemi. N9 is transferred to maintenance state. Nokia's former research center in Helsinki, where Maemo was born, is being closed by the end of this month. End of an era.

Nice things. We can't have them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Banja Luka
Do you know for sure it is closing? Maybe they will open it again. :/

Let's face it, the public bug tracker, while being a great idea, has been deteriorating lately. It would take a lot of effort to keep it clean, since a lot of people were using it as a discussion/feedback forum.

It was nice while it lasted. My sincere thanks to the people that made it possible.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impact View Post
Let's face it, the public bug tracker, while being a great idea, has been deteriorating lately. It would take a lot of effort to keep it clean, since a lot of people were using it as a discussion/feedback forum.

It was nice while it lasted. My sincere thanks to the people that made it possible.
Exactly, the bug tracker was doomed the moment it was made public. It has been spammed to death with 'y u no make whatsapp 4 n9????' and other gay sh1t. It is a BUG TRACKER not a feature requester.

Who HONESTLY thought the N9 would be supported?

The real depressing thing is, all the devs got courted away with free shiny hardware. All the forum old schoolers have been chased away by endless N9 related noob spam.

Maemo is done.

Now I just want Nemo + powerkernel + fcam + hildon + xterm. But like so much Nokia sponsered junk. It will never be.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
And it's closed for new bugs!
Hey - Elop promised us Nokia would continue to use Meego for “future disruption in mobile ecosystem”. Another promise kept!

Is it horrible that my initial thoughts of this were "Well screw them, we'll just open our own bugzilla and have it send emails to the guys at Nokia that work on these things!"

But then maybe we should just create our own anyhow and then hope they'll have the decency to look at it.

There was a nasty bug with the new folders of PR1.2 that I wanted to report, but I was never sure exactly how to or even what exactly caused the problem.

The issue was that at one point I was creating a 'Games' folder, and it totally screwed up my menu, so that I could only scroll down so far then it would bounce back up, I couldn't get to any launcher icons past where the corrupted icon was.

I tried looking through all the forums for a similar issue, but couldn't find one, so was going to report a bug, but never got around to it...

Lame that they closed it!

slaapliedje

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
This is the saddest news we've got in a while.

Tags
bugtracker, bugzilla, debugging, feature request, harmattan, nokia