Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Just wanted to say this is very cool I played with it a little last night charged my n810 just to install this. Now you just need a Fremantle style menu on Diablo

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Telescope 0.2.4
Fixed bug which led sometimes to holes instead of window previews
Thumbnail size reduced when there is only one thumbnail on screen (this makes it more easy to tap on empty space in order to show desktop)
Funny those were two out of three 'bugs'/issues that I've seen so far (the third being the Mauku crash mentioned earlier) - but, since I'm personally not using Mauku anymore (tweetgo.net) I don't care

But on a more serious note it could be a sign of something not working well with Telescope when an app is launching another page.
Were you able to replicate it on your side?

Installing the update tonight. Thanks for you work!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I still dont get 0.2.4 in the updates. Has it been uploaded?

EDIT: Nvm, I refreshed again and now I got 0.2.5. Neat.
What's in 0.2.5 that wasn't in 0.2.4?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-04-28 at 21:47.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by http://n8xx.com/post49559.html#p49559
Выложил 0.2.4
Пофикшен хитрый баг, из-за которого иногда вместо превьюшек оказывались "дырки"
Когда открыто только одно окно, его превьюшка будет не такая большая, чтобы было удобнее попадать в пустое место, чтобы вызвать десктоп
hm, I can find only 0.2.4 (but have 0.2.5 already installed)

Re-installed Mauku to see if I could get it to crash again but now the new page (Twitter replies for instance) opens without any problem and everything shows correctly in Telescope.

Not sure if this was a bug-fix that is now fixed - or if it was just temporary/random issue that is now gone. Regardless that 'bug' can be crossed out now

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-04-28 at 22:46.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
0.2.5 actually not differs from 0.2.4. I just changed Section field of the package in order to remove warning from autobuilder saying that telescope package uses invalid section (actually, it was using valid section for diablo, but for fremantle it is not valid. This is problem of autobuilder).

silvermountain, yeah i forgot to add mauku bug into bugtracker But if it is working now - great I will check it, i have mauku installed. Btw, bug with "holes" instead of previews was in bugtracker, and it was most disturbing bug for me

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Yep. n8x0 users must be notified about new awesome applications for their devices, 'cause new applications for such a cool devices appears very seldom.
Contributors, especially N8x0 focused ones, are very much welcome.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Jaffa, great, i will writes updates on mwkn

silvermountain, i have reproduced bug with Mauku with following scenario:
1. Start Mauku
2. Click on bottom logo panel to hide it
3. Double click first tweet (this opens new window)
4. Close this new window
5. Click "New tweet" button on toolbar
6. Mauku crashing

It seems that it crashing only when telescope is running. Currently i have no ideas about why it happens

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Only noticed that Telescope was for the N8x0 by accident whilst browsing a different thread this morning, and have now installed it on my N810, and I am very very impressed.

Thank you very much.

Edit - Now had this app on my NIT all day, and am even more impressed that the thumbnails are dynamic - I was running Mauku, Wayfinder, downloading a couple of podcasts, and listening to a third on Mediaplayer, and when telescope was invoked to display the thumbnails, they updated. OK, maybe not real-time, but it was impressive non the less.

Only goes to show that there is plenty of untapped potential in the N8x0s

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-04-29 at 18:43.

I'm extremely impressed! Awesome application! I'm really happy that there are still talented developers coding for our N8x0 tablets

Tags
diablo, maemo4, n800, n810, telescope