Active Topics

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
which will remove a metapackage (no real impact) and calendar, then run the previous install line minus the --reinstall parameter. Anyone see any problems?
Removing the metapackage will prevent any future firmware notifications, so it should be reinstalled again afterwards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
i saw this video of n900 with Qt 4.7. and it has a different photo viewer app. is that included in 1.3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkJ977m1AIE
Is it this demo?
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.7...otoviewer.html

Then you can use it.

Do text messages get lost once you upgrade? If so, how do you preserve text messages when upgrading? Are text message streams saved on the sim card or phone memory?

Anyone have a link to a thread focused on how to back up information for someone who's not a developer or programmer or familiar with Linux?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Removing the metapackage will prevent any future firmware notifications, so it should be reinstalled again afterwards.
Oh why bother I figured after PR 1.1.1 that upgrade usually screws the phone its better to install everything freshly. I removed preinstalled games and it gave me some space and I dont see Maemo 5 in HAM which was unremovable

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Do text messages get lost once you upgrade? If so, how do you preserve text messages when upgrading? Are text message streams saved on the sim card or phone memory?
I upgraded by re-flashing PR1.3 from scratch. Did not flash the eMMC.
All contacts and messages were retained.
The only thing I had to redo was my Desktop config and re-install Apps.
You can backup Messages and Contacts with Ovi Suite.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maruzko For This Useful Post: