Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Happy pi day!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/generalelect...geeky-pi-jokes
Is that the latest or the greatest?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Is that the latest or the greatest?
Well, both. It's today which makes it the latest and it's part of one of the greatest equations.

i = e^(i*pi/2)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Looks the the FBI may have a way to break into the iphone after all!

http://wtop.com/politics/2016/03/fbi...tacker-iphone/

So should the FBI tell apple how to do it? Should apple file a foia request to find out how? Is the shoe one the other foot?

Mwa ha ha ha ha!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

So should the FBI tell apple how to do it? Should apple file a foia request to find out how? Is the shoe one the other foot?

Mwa ha ha ha ha!
The US Supreme Court has previously ruled that it is legal for cops to lie to you for whatever purposes, like getting you to tell them something they want by telling you they already know it. So take this revelation with a grain of salt.

Also, they may have used the $5 wrench method on an Apple employee. 15 years ago, I'd said "no way, man" or something else (Audio NSFW). Now, of course I can't.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
"The company hopes the government will tell Apple about whatever method it uses to access the phone’s encrypted files."

For sure, given the good collaboration of Apple in the past.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Well, both. It's today which makes it the latest and it's part of one of the greatest equations.

i = e^(i*pi/2)
Sorry to be late, but it's even more interesting (and perhaps beautiful) to state this:

e^(j*pi) + 1 = 0

In this format of Euler's equation, you relate the 5 most special numbers in one equation: e (the natural log base), pi (the ratio of a circle's diameter to its circumference), j (the EE's way of writing the square root of -1), 1 (the multiplicative identity), and 0 (the additive identity).

Gorgeous, huh?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Yes. That sums it up nicely!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland

Mwa ha ha ha ha!
It never was a question about hacking this Farook guy's phone to get some info out of it; it is a well known fact that iphones can be corked when you can get the device in your hands and have some time to do it (few days to brute-force it)

It is not of concequence if that alleged phone really even exists, it is just used as a pretext to change legislation and force Apple to implement a backdoor to enable the spooks to have a fast method to uncork iphones; to enable them to do it so quick (or even by remote access) so that the owner never notices that he's been had...

That's typical terrorist tactics BTW; you get your way by scaring the hell out of your target audience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
This Marshall phone meets all of my audio needs. The rest, such as price and operating system, however, are not so interesting.

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/m...n/london-phone

...if it's just possible to unlock the Bootloader, and flash Sailfish over it...now that would be awesome.

I dont understand why Apple don't agree to the FBIs requests on a case by case basis and all requests be made open.

Tags
'smarvelous, 'swonderful, latest, not greatest