Notices

I was wondering if the tablets can be used as bluetooth speakers, where I could plug in standard headphones into the tablet and hear audio from a desktop computer (running Vista) though bluetooth? This is similar to the function of the Sony DRC-BT15 bluetooth adapter.

Alternately, can the microphone on the tablets be used over bluetooth to make voice calls, control speech recognition, etc. on desktop computers?

I did a search and found *many* threads on this topic (here here here here here and here) but all the threads seem to be inconclusive. Some of the threads specifically mention the n800/n810, but all seem related.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
I'm sure that once someone gets it worked out they'll get it posted in one of the other threads. If you just want audio from your computer, you can use VLC to stream it over wireless. At least one of your referenced threads tells how to do it.
You could do the reverse and stream the audio from your tablet to a PC, but why not just make the voice call directly from your tablet?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Are the speakers (volume level and sound quality) and microphone (sensitivity and detail) good enough?

Otherwise, it's a project with low (immediate) payoff. But still worthwhile..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ 驚く為五郎
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I was wondering if the tablets can be used as bluetooth speakers, where I could plug in standard headphones into the tablet and hear audio from a desktop computer (running Vista) though bluetooth? This is similar to the function of the Sony DRC-BT15 bluetooth adapter.

Alternately, can the microphone on the tablets be used over bluetooth to make voice calls, control speech recognition, etc. on desktop computers?

I did a search and found *many* threads on this topic (here here here here here and here) but all the threads seem to be inconclusive. Some of the threads specifically mention the n800/n810, but all seem related.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30514
I recommend using VLC and Wifi.

Tags
a2dp, bluetooth, microphone, speaker, speakerphone