Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Orange UK settings posted over in the other thread. Huge thanks to frals for his time, effort and patience with me!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Heavenly place
MMS configuration H3g Italy - Tre Italia

after installing fMMS and fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
here the steps:

with fAPN
add anew apn named mms (important: respect cases - mms is different than Mms). You can close.
go to main settings and then, connection settings and edit the apn just named "mms":
access point name: tre.it
user name: (empty)
password: (empty)
ask for password: leave unchecked
go on and click on advanced
use proxy: check the box
proxy HTTP: 62.13.171.3 or wsb.treumts.it
port: 8799
in the tab IP address leave everything automatic

save and close.

with fMMS
click on configurations
APN: mms [/B](remember: respect cases - mMS is different than mmS);
MMSC: "http://10.216.59.240:10021/mmsc"
Resize image width: 300 (Tre Italia guarantees up to this dimension);
Your phonenumber: write your number in format +39xxxyyyyy

Hope it's usefull

Last edited by pippomu; 2010-01-14 at 19:13.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Baarlo, NL
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
I can only speak for my own telco, Vodafone NL. It seems they have different APNs because there are different connections configured (there are 4, in fact). But that is not the case. They have the same APN name which you can see in details: live.vodafone.com with username vodafone and password vodafone. The only difference is the default homepage. For MMS, it is http://mmsc.mms.vodafone.nl so at least in my case there is no need for a seperate ppp1 please verify in your phone settings about your case. YMMV.
I've not read the entire thread just yet, so I'm not sure if you might have had to answer this question before and I'm sorry if I'm causing a problem now, but I found your post through a search on "mms vodafone". I'm with Vodafone NL too and I'm having trouble finding the right settings.
The Vodafone site mentions a proxy port number (8799) but I'm not sure if I'm to include this in the proxy url or not, and I'm at a complete loss as to the 'advanced' settings, where I'm to enter the IP address and DNS addresses.
Needless to say I can't send or receive MMS messages at this point.
Any chance you could help a fellow Dutchman out here?

Tags
brainstorm, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900