Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Belgium
#1
So on new years eve I let my n900 charge because it's battery was depleted, everything looked fine because the NOKIA logo on white screen showed up, so i just let it charge for a half hour - hour, then i went back to see what's up for some messages, then i came to the conclusion that my screen was just black, nothing that bad i thought, i just plugged it out and then back in, still nothing happen...

So now i'm sitting here with a dead n900 and i have no idea what's wrong, nothing happens when i put in the charger, nothing happens when i put in my pc cable, just nothing happens at all.





Thanks in advance.

Last edited by brambi; 2010-01-01 at 08:33.
 
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#2
If you take out your battery and then reseat it does that make any difference? Mine has jiggled loose from the contacts once before and it did the same thing so that's the first to check. If not....it could be rather more complicated.
 
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
#3
It is only temporary, I hope. Just take out the battery and put it back again. Then charge it. It will problably work then. See other information in this forum.
 
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
#4
same is happening with me and i hav not even used it..i just switched it on..saw d look n feel...then switched it off and kept for charging..can someone suggest what to do?
 
bandora's Avatar
Posts: 1,337 | Thanked: 1,051 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan, USA / Jordan
#5
Try to take out the battery for a while, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so.. Wait a bit then plug the battery back in.. Then hook the charger back into the N900 and see what happens.. Hope this works out for you!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Belgium
#6
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Try to take out the battery for a while, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so.. Wait a bit then plug the battery back in.. Then hook the charger back into the N900 and see what happens.. Hope this works out for you!
Tried it, didn't work unfortunately, i tested out the battery to see if it wasn't dead, but my tester gives me 2.75v so that's not the case.

any more ideas?
 
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009
#7
Originally Posted by brambi View Post
my tester gives me 2.75v so that's not the case.
Hi, are you sure about that? At least on my battery, the badge shows 3.7 volts.

-stefan
 
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
#8
Originally Posted by brambi View Post
Tried it, didn't work unfortunately, i tested out the battery to see if it wasn't dead, but my tester gives me 2.75v so that's not the case.

any more ideas?
2.75v may not be sufficient charge to power the device. When the phone is trying to turn on the draw from the battery would make this value a lot lower again.

It's either a phone problem or more likely a battery problem. I can run my phone completely dead and have done so 5 or more times now and it charges back up without issue.

Edit: Just tested my battery then and even at 31% battery capacity remaining according to the device my volt meter reports a charge of 3.47 volts.

Last edited by Magel282; 2010-01-01 at 11:17.
 
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Belgium
#9
Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
2.75v may not be sufficient charge to power the device. When the phone is trying to turn on the draw from the battery would make this value a lot lower again.

It's either a phone problem or more likely a battery problem. I can run my phone completely dead and have done so 5 or more times now and it charges back up without issue.
How do you mean? First you say that the power is insufficient to power the device, then you say you can run yours when it's completely dead?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.


thanks.
 
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
#10
Originally Posted by brambi View Post
How do you mean? First you say that the power is insufficient to power the device, then you say you can run yours when it's completely dead?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.


thanks.
What I meant is I can run the phone completely flat so that it turns its self of because of a flat battery. I have read of others doing this and have not been able to get their device to charge afterwards.
 
Reply

Tags
lack of quality control

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46.