Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
My slider took a turn for the worse and now its really hard to slide the phone from the right side open or even gets stuck UGH calling nokia AGAIN
Sounds like something got stuck between the rails and the guider piece... Same thing happened to my SE Xperia X1 in the past.

Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Sounds like something got stuck between the rails and the guider piece... Same thing happened to my SE Xperia X1 in the past.
That was my first thought and checked both rails and guiders used some compressed air and still same results. I sent my phone in two weeks ago about the slider they sent back saying nothing is wrong, but its just getting worse now.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
The Noreve has additional rails - with 4 rails it definitely becomes very stable - much like how a tricycle is more stable than a bicycle.
Could you make a picture of this and show it? I am interested in seeing these "rails" and how it helps to stabilize the slider.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Could you make a picture of this and show it? I am interested in seeing these "rails" and how it helps to stabilize the slider.

Thanks!
I'm just going to steal a picture from the Noreve site...

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/447/rails.png

Basically my wording might be inappropriate, but heck, that was the only word I could think of that would describe the flap-ish thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
How long did it take you to get it? Thinking about buying their leather case but I'm not sure how long it'll take them to ship to MD if I place my order now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
OK, thanks! I see now what you mean, and I guess it can make a difference if your slider is really loose.
But perhaps more importantly it could prevent your slider from getting wobbly because it has no place to go: it is stuck in a straitjacket.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
How long did it take you to get it? Thinking about buying their leather case but I'm not sure how long it'll take them to ship to MD if I place my order now.
I don't have it - shipping fees are exorbitant and the case itself isn't cheap. Getting my N900 imported already has annihilated my wallet.

ive had my n900 for 5+ months. slider still strong and locks in place firmly

After sending my phone out twice its finally fixed, very happy its actually better then new Unfortunately again they reset my phone ugh.

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider