Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I was the first person ever receive the tablet in it's prototype form and get the UI up. I don't accept your premise.
Thanks for the hard work you and other sailors have done. It would be nice if you could write a piece what you have learned from the tablet project and what you would have now done differently.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I was told Mosconi left company too. But as it happens with Jolla it happened silently.

For that i would be called troll too?

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I was told Mosconi left company too. But as it happens with Jolla it happened silently.

brilliant, is there any co-founder left?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
They know something most of their users do not want to see.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
They know something most of their users do not want to see.
Dunno. It's so blindingly obvious, even you'd think to the die-hard cheerleaders.

Game's nearly over.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
brilliant, is there any co-founder left?
Is there anyone left at Jolla?

Didn't Mosconi leave something like 4 months ago? Or shareholders kicked him out?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Didn't Mosconi leave something like 4 months ago? Or shareholders kicked him out?
I thought this was old news as well...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post

Well, he and other people leave the company every day. On their way home after work.
Maybe the cleaning lady saw him walk home and told you about this?

Switching brutal honesty on; cause I know this place can take it .

[BRUTAL+COMPANYECONOMY:ON]
People with $$$ invested into jolla, expecting $$$$ back.
jolla team tried to deliver, delivered, against all odds (due to hardcore challenges; loosing the platform is NOT a small thing!); but unfortunately, $$$$ did not come, $ came. Reasons for this are various (in my personal opinion, choosing the iPhone-way of early-than-expected-release over all, and making the incredible mistake to OVERHYPE the whole thing, wrongly believing in the delusion of it somehow magically live up to the generated expectations..).

They managed to pull MORE cash, with the incredible tablet. This gave birth to some good (probably unexpected) feedback as we know (it collected prizes even before it was finalized). But now, all that cash got fueled in to that (amazing) tablet development; and there is none left for the company jolla in order to survive (the cash from the TOH did not come, remember?). But what are the chances to get more cash? With one product (the OTH) which was overhyped and (hence) forsaked expectations; with one product in the stage of uncomplete DEVELOPMENT (I've heard from various people these types of delays are very normal with new product development), and which might bring up alot of surpises before the phase will be completed; with same people running the business responsible for the current situation?

Put yourself in the situation of the guys with the $$$$. You already invested into jolla; you might even see potential in it (at least one chance with the tablet that might be worth exploring, plus SF getting into a usable shape, which opens up more opportunities like Intex); but you do not want to throw more money down the drain for free, you want to be 100% sure THIS time jolla will deliver.
You need jolla to deliver.

What would Jolla do to get to the cash? They cannot undo the OTH without injecting in more cash; plus, they need to keep SF2.0 developing; and they dont want to stop developing the tablet, or theyll write off what good has come from that (its one good opportunity, after all)

Which act would you expect from the company in order to fuel the change that will assure the next product (=tablet) to succeed (=the company to get more cash from you)?

Im afraid the answer to this question is easy. And not good for the people @ jolla :/

This is the startup life. You live until you make sense (=profit in this case); or you live off of someone else's sense (=investor cash in this case). If the product you are working on does not fly, nor does make sense (for users in this case), you will not go over the first round of investment. If the product you are working on does not fly, but makes sense , you will be taken for responsible, and the product will be taken from you and given to someone who will get a shot. The hard way of the jungle, jimbo.

It's useless to hide it from ourselves, let's face it. Jolla as it used to be is *no more*. It's gone. Done. Finished. Finita. Basta. Zip. The End.
And now that that is done, let's move on, for God's sake!

[BRUTAL+COMPANYECONOMY:OFF]

As much as I hate to mention it; back in Narikkatori 2013, I had the chance to be part (even if just as a basic user) of the coolest project ever. I was part of that hype, it was easy at the time! It was in-y00r-face-mr-eflop. And things did not turn out well. Important is, products survive, if they make sense. sailfishos as a product makes sense. That's why I believe it will survive. Faces might change, but products stay (if they survive)!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-11-18 at 20:31.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund