Not any adds either in magazines or out on town here in Stockholm/ Sweden, at least I have not seen em compared to other brands.
But there have been quite a few phoneshops i've been asked to show them the phone (pre-release N900 and later on retail version)

So I guess the N900 must be the most "secret" phone ever by Nokia.
Still not seen any device In a phoneshop and they still repeat the same old "it will be in stock soon"

Guess that will be Meego devices with the current delivery speed over here.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
Here in Denmark, I haven't seen any N900 commercials or anything.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Being pushed quite hard in the UK by Carphone Warehouse:
I've seen the CPW adverts here in UK, vodafone stocking it, and posters.

To some extent the UK mobile market is probably the most competitive/innovative outside the far east, so maybe the higher UK focus is intentional?

Not advertised in the United States (at least the Washington D.C. area as far as I can tell).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

why would they advertise? this is a geek's phone and geeks dont need advertising, it spreads via forums and the web

the average user wont like this phone, thats not their target, so why waste money

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I've seen posters on billboards on the North Circular and also on the M4 to Wales. Lots of posters in Carphone Warehouses as well. Seems a lot more visible than Nokia phones usually are... I've also seen Sony and Blackberry adverts. I think Blackberry "sponsor" film ad breaks on one channel and were sponsoring True Blood episodes (only saw one or two, so not sure if that continued).

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Also, I keep seeing lots of web ads on lots of sites... things like football (to you north Americans, sawkah) sites I look at on the Times, Guadrian and telegraph websites advertise it and I think at least one of them has a review on their site as well.