Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Could maybe using it as at least a VoIP phone be do-able? The N810 supports enough Bluetooth profiles to make it work in theory, right? So assuming one has enough continuous connection to the Internet via WiFi or WiMAX (N810WE), I can bet that someone has been able to bridge that gap with pointing some VoIP software like Skype to the Bluetooth drivers for the audio. Also, with Google having SMS support in their chat program, maybe that can be a decent solution for some users. (always good to keep a regular phone around in case the set-up fails for whatever reason)

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brooksville, Florida
Notably, WiMax is 4G, so if you live in one of the rare cities with 4G, it might be doable. But you need to figure out a desktop environment and OS... There's really no maintained software for N810 anymore...

Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
The N810 supports enough Bluetooth profiles to make it work in theory, right? So assuming one has enough continuous connection to the Internet via WiFi or WiMAX (N810WE), I can bet that someone has been able to bridge that gap with pointing some VoIP software like Skype to the Bluetooth drivers for the audio.
Don't know about skype, but for SIP & Jingle this works out of the box.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
recent announcement of N9 ( http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic...cations/N9-00/ ) made me remember this page and reconsider what to do with my N810s :-)

Kudos blueled! Awesome work!

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
Could maybe using it as at least a VoIP phone be do-able?
I am using one of my N810 as SIP phone via WLAN since years, always worked like a charm, ootb. Provider is sipgate.de, using it at home only (WLAN AP range)

Edit: Of course I used it to register to SIP when I was in Taipei as well, same German geographic number :-D. Alas doesn't work too great, as it seems Taipei routes their internet traffic to Europe via moon-bouncer or meteorite scatter.
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-06-21 at 09:57.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
Hey blue_led,

Any progress with this? Would be a shame if you'd stop now.