Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
why can't we upgrade the Python version for example?)
Well, AApo did an optified Python 2.7 port recently. Looks like it was quite difficult due to optification. It doesn't seem to be in Extras yet though.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Chai View Post
Just to let you all know, Jolla called for a quick poll to know how many people still own a N9. Go to their facebook page and like and comment. probably they are counting the market reach
On F8ckbook only? *scratches head* This isn't the web you are looking for...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Just to let you all know, Jolla called for a quick poll to know how many people still own a N9. Go to their facebook page and like and comment. probably they are counting the market reach
I have a N9 but do not use facebook

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Facebook Jolla, srsly??? Come on, you MUST know many N9 users are tech-savvy and (therefor?) will not have a facebook account. Me included.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
jolla don't like us. They are using twitter and facebook all the time!

so ****ing annoying!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
And now this is one big flaw with Jolla's "unique" way of handling their customer relations. They should just open an official channel through their website for these kind of polls.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
And what about the odd users like me who do use Facebook and Twitter?
I love that I can select any photo on my phone and have it uploaded to my facebook account just in two touches. I really like twitter and facebook integration in the OS.

This is obviously not the case for everyone, It's hard to please everyone

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2013-01-06 at 13:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
And what about the odd users like me who do use Facebook and Twitter?
I love I select any phone and have it uploaded to my facebook account just in two touches. I really like twitter and facebook integration in the OS.

This is obviously not the case for everyone, It's hard to please everyone
you are indeed very odd

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Facebook Jolla, srsly??? Come on, you MUST know many N9 users are tech-savvy and (therefor?) will not have a facebook account. Me included.
thats one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I have a facebook account, why? It's free communication since my social groups decided to leave MSN messenger from back in the day.

I have also owned an N9 and N900, theres a difference between understand the risks of something and using it, rather than just talking **** about it because other people say so.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
thats one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I have a facebook account, why? It's free communication since my social groups decided to leave MSN messenger from back in the day.
Hm, I'm not gonna fight over how benevolent or evil facebook is, but my - obviously incorrect - observation is that tech-minded people are scared away, because they're aware of how much personal information facebook and similar services are raking in and, more importantly, what can be done with it without users knowing it. Not only now, but in a few years from now when harvesting and correlating technologies have evolved. Don't forget about recent improvements in artificial intelligence as well.

I'm all for social media. I think it's great! But I personally will not trust advertising companies with my personal messages. There are decentralized, open alternatives however. Unfortunately none of them seems to be gaining a significant following, except one: status.net. And to get back on topic, Jolla does have an identi.ca account, and I'm pondering whether I should get one too or set up my own status.net service.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:

Tags
circle jerk