Hi, I was successfully connecting to the network via Bluetooth through handset and Wifi. Now neither of these work. The 770 connects successfully to the network but when I try to access a web site I get the error "'network problem....www.sitenamehere.com'

The same thing happens when I try to access my mail server to check my e-mail.

I have looked through the limited settings and haven't stumbled upon a solution.

Any ideas?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
you only need one connection to get to the internet. can you try wifi only and see what you get? what kind of handset are you connecting to via bluetooth? does it have/allow for tethering for internet connections?
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Thanks for the reply. After reading your reply I see that my post was a little confusing.

What I meant to say was that I was successfully connecting using using either cellphone/Bluetooth ...or... Wifi. Both were working absolutely wonderfully.

Now neither one works. The 770 successfully makes the wireless connection (Bluetooth or Wifi) but fails to get out on the Internet.

For example if I try to visit www.cnn.com in the browser, there is a delay and then the message "Network problem - www.cnn.com" appears.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
I tried "Open new browser window" and got the error "Could not open file - file://localhost/usr/share/browser/home_page/index.xhtml"

Last edited by Texas_770; 2007-05-18 at 16:34.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
not sure what is botched up, but you may want to try reflashing the device to the newest OS and see if that clears things up.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

That isn't really what I wanted to hear.

I tried installing Autoscan <http://autoscan.fr/> to see if I could learn anything about the networking condition, but Autoscan won't start. It shows "Loading..." for a long while and then disappears.

autoscan requires an active, connected internet connection...

if you have xterm installed, connect to a wireless network, launch xterm and type ifconfig. post the resulting text here. others may have a few tricks to see what is what on the networking side. i am not too sure what logs to check
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Thanks brendan for the help. I ended up reflashing it and it works again.

Now I just need to retrain it.

I'll find and install Xterm so that I can use that in the future.

BTW, Autoscan still doesn't appear to work.

Last edited by Texas_770; 2007-05-18 at 17:58.

there are two packages (.deb) that need to be installed. did you get them both?
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I have the same error but have trouble flashing the n770.

I put

flasher-3.0
nokia_770.php
SU-18_2006SE_3.2006.49-2_PR_F5_MR0_ARM

on the c drive

then....

I go to START, RUN,

c:\ ./flasher-3.0 -F SU-18_2006SE_3.2006.49-2_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

I am a noob at flashing and this isn't coming out right. can someone help?

I reflashed my 770 with

SU-18_2006SE_3.2006.49-2_PR_F5_MR0_ARM

in windows and my I'm getting the same error that the op is getting?

it was working perfectly before but a couple days ago before the flash it came up with the network connections error although it would connect to my network.

I have added a thinkpad t43 to my network since and that is the only change.