Notices

Originally Posted by zoner View Post
has anyone started messing with this yet - Google Maps in emacs?

http://julien.danjou.info/google-maps-el.html
Great find!

"z to set a zoom level via prefix"

how does one set a prefix?
e.g. C-u 5 z

anyone know how to pan?
Don't think it's currently implemented, would be great though, if you could use arrow keys to move around.

I've got a terrible 2g connection here tonight and this is pretty fast!
It is, it's great, but still needs panning, and also size changing.

I've played with google-maps-static-show with the width and height parameters but can't get it to display with a bigger size...

dear org-mode users - anyone using this version of emacs & encrypting via org-crypt.el ??

This works great on my laptop - I don't really want file/folder/partition encryption, just a node here and there in org-mode files.

I'm using emacs 23.2.1 with org-mode 7.01 on the laptop and this emacs with org 7.01 on the n900

mysetup:
(require 'org-crypt)
(setq org-tags-exclude-from-inheritance (quote ("crypt")))
(setq org-crypt-key "MyPassPhrase")

this works on the laptop. On the n900:
M-x org-encrypt-entry
when I type the passphrase, enter will not take the phrase. No cpu usage, just a lock. Ctrl-g stops the process throwing the message "epg-encrypt-string: Encrypt failed:exit"

Do I need to look @ the default location for my gpg program...or upgrade emacs? or ???

Not really direct help for your prob, but I use epa file encryption in GNU Emacs, already a part of Emacs 23, works with GPG...

Maybe switch to epa?

The Following User Says Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Applications.

Try to find the most specific sub-forum to post in.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
Originally Posted by injunear View Post
I've goofed the install somehow: here is what I get running emacs as root:

This is what it looks like as user:

Is it the permissions on maxframe.el?
Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/home/user/emacs# ls -l
-rw-r--r--    1 user     users        6785 Apr  7 00:14 maxframe.el
I get to the same point. But turning the menu and toolbar off is not a solution for me since I'm emacs beginner. I would like to have a quick access to some features until I learn more shortcuts or ways how to handle this wonderful progie. This small menu is definitely better then the default one. Any suggestions on how to achieve it for 'user'? Thanks in advance!

thanks everybody for the help provided here!
I want to share a small addition that might be useful to others:

to make the menu-bar fit in the screen together with the minibuffer, I have taken the following steps:
1) choose a smaller font for the menu.
2) take into account the space used for the menu-bar in the computation of the size of the maximized frame.

point 1 is explained here.

point 2 is also comparatively easy. open the maxframe.el file and look for the place where the mf-max-display-pixel-height function is invoked. this is where the name of the function appears between single parentheses.
replace (mf-max-display-pixel-height) with (- (mf-max-display-pixel-height) (cond (menu-bar-mode 32) (t 0)))

that 32 is hard coded and you might want to recompute it if you use a different font for the menu-bar. it works for me in combination with Droid Sans Mono 10.

Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
Not really direct help for your prob, but I use epa file encryption in GNU Emacs, already a part of Emacs 23, works with GPG...

Maybe switch to epa?
Well I googled this to the end of the world - the answer is right on your website - Thanks!!! - you solved an issue that's bugged me for a LONG time
Ctr shortcut when RET not available

for some reason RET will not send the passphrase, but Ctrl-j will

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
is this program still workable?
I got a problem using mscim causing internal error x application force me to flash the phone 3 times to find out mscim is the culprit!
is this program like a external program to key in pinyin to display chinese and then can copy and paste to sms/conversion?

vi>emacs

(10 chars)

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
vi>emacs
ok....someone still using it

it is some sort of external program running along with Maemo or it overwrite the system like Nitroid/Meego ?

ok, I solve it myself, installed and using now, but got a question...
can I change the background color to blank and font to green? pro-long time looking at it makes eye tired

Last edited by rayson; 2011-03-10 at 13:51.